cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Cancel Ignite TV Subscription

blacklites
I've been around

Today I called Rogers to cancel my internet, after 7 minutes waiting i get customer service rep. and I asked him to cancel my service, his reply was he is not able to do it because I got ignite internet and his system doesn't have the tools in his system  to do it. So he transferred my call to other department and after 1 hour and 25 minutes I got the rep online and to my surprise I got the same answer as the first rep. Again he said he will transfer my call to the authorized department. After another 45 minutes waiting I got the rep online and I told him what i want, he asked me to stay online so he can check my account. After waiting 15 minutes on hold he hangs up on me without saying a single word . Again I called the customer service and I explained what happens and how long I waited  and all what he said is:  I better call next day at morning time when it is not busy. This was the worst experience on customer service call I wonder what kind of customer service is this. 2:32 hours and 34 wasted, never never again for Rogers

***EDITED LABELS***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Cannot Cancel Ignite TV Subscription

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @blacklites!

I am sorry to hear that you've had such difficulties with getting this request taken care of. We can also assist with these kinds of requests here on the forums.

Due to the asymmetrical nature of conversation here, we can work with you on your own time and pick right back up from where we left off when you come back to us.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Tiburcio
I've been here awhile

We called Rogers yesterday Jan 4, 2021 to cancel our ignite tv subscription and spent a total 6hours waster time for being passed on to a number of live agents who were not able to do our request-This is the worst after sales customer service I have experienced- quick in collecting bills but extremely slow in catering to customer service. Today Jan. 5, 2021, we called again since 7am to submit the request and it's the same story as yesterday being passed on to several live agents and in the end they will hang up your call. This is totally disappointing and it's the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have experienced.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@Tiburcio wrote:

We called Rogers yesterday Jan 4, 2021 to cancel our ignite tv subscription and spent a total 6hours waster time for being passed on to a number of live agents who were not able to do our request-This is the worst after sales customer service I have experienced- quick in collecting bills but extremely slow in catering to customer service. Today Jan. 5, 2021, we called again since 7am to submit the request and it's the same story as yesterday being passed on to several live agents and in the end they will hang up your call. This is totally disappointing and it's the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have experienced.

**Labels Added**

I would think that if you just stop paying your bill, they will cancel it soon enough?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@ColdGranite wrote:

I would think that if you just stop paying your bill, they will cancel it soon enough?

Perhaps the customer has a bundle and only wants to cancel the Ignite TV portion. They may have to change the payment method and pay a reduced amount. That could lead to late charges, collection agencies, bad credit, etc. And then there's the issue of returning equipment.

Here's a novel idea. If you can't get through on the phone, find the mailing address of your nearest Rogers office and send them a registered letter cancelling forthwith.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@ColdGranite wrote:

Uh, NO, they won't, and not paying bills will surely lead to even more problems.

@Tiburcio wrote:

Please forgive the question but why are you trying to cancel your services with Rogers?  If it's due to ongoing technical issues, please share the problems that you are experiencing; the Community may be able to help.  Ignite TV should work flawlessly.

If technical issues are ongoing and have not been resolved, you may be entitled to compensation from Rogers until the problem(s) get fixed.

I don't know why you cannot get any live agent to process your cancellation.  Perhaps Rogers' Management teams are putting extreme pressure on their agents to retain customers and nobody wants to be "the one" who carries out the ultimate task that you are asking for... but passing a customer around for 6 hours and refusing to process a cancellation is inexcusable, and may even expose Rogers to legal action.  If you are serious about cancelling your services, call into Rogers, ask for the name and employee number of the person that you are speaking with, tell them that you wish to cancel your services immediately, and make it clear to them that you will take legal action if they refuse to do so immediately.

HOWEVER, if you would prefer to keep your Rogers services, there is an entire community of users here who would be happy to help you out.  You can also try sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  for further assistance.  They may be able to help to get any ongoing problems resolved and escalate support tickets... or help you to cancel your services if that is what you really want to do at this point.

Tiburcio
I've been here awhile
Thanks for the reply - the reason is we don't want to use the Ignite TV anymore since nobody is watching anyway, but would still keep the others like internet and mobile phones.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tiburcio wrote:
Thanks for the reply - the reason is we don't want to use the Ignite TV anymore since nobody is watching anyway, but would still keep the others like internet and mobile phones.

If that's the case, then send a private message to @CommunityHelps .  They may even be able give you a good offer for Ignite SmartStream since you already have the required set-top boxes, or downgrade your TV service to Ignite Starter if you would still prefer to keep a TV service with just the basic channels.

Hello,
Can anyone help how to get in touch with rogers, past 5 months i have paid for the rogers ignite internet service without using a single byte of internet. This is the worst ever experience with any company like Rogers, for heaven sake please someone help how I can get rid of this. I canceled my internet on nov 9 after two months struggling and cancelled my plan them someone lied to me and plan was not canceled then dec 17, 2020 modem returned after again 2 months struggling to get to their service, its now January 23 and not able to connect with them. It has put me in mental trauma now, not sure what to do, I have all evidences and zero cooperation from rogers. This is a pain for me, please someone advise who is responsible in rogers who can listen in rogers,

Good evening @AneesSAAR,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize how inconvenient this experience has been for you. Can you confirm if you're being charged for the monthly Internet service or a one time unreturned equipment charge?

We'd like to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we can continue the conversation there. To learn more about how to PM, please see this post

RogersZia

Lmthompson33
I've been around
Maybe the live agents should tell people to use the live chat option. I used live chat and my service was cancelled within a half hour. No long wait and no getting passed off to multiple agents.

I am having the same issues. Please contact me

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1Ry11 , No one will contact you here. You will need to contact Rogers using any of the ways outlined in the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/contact

https://www.rogers.com/contact/billing-payments/outstanding-account-payment-inquiries

Or, when logged into the forum,  you can send a message to the moderators on this forum by clicking @CommunityHelps  and clicking "send a message" near the top right of the screen that opens. If you don't see "send a message" because you're using a tablet or phone, you need to switch the browser to desktop mode.

The mods will then reply and get your information over a secured method.

Ati1
I've been here awhile

This continues in March 2023. I called to cancel and after many long hours of being passed from one place to another and waiting, I was offered a new deal, which looked great. Of course, when my bill arrived the new offer was nowhere to be seen - all those hours wasted, my new subscription with Virgin cancelled, etc etc for nothing. As I type I am sitting listening to music on the phone - yes, waiting for anyone at rogers to pick up. And yes, I am calling the cancellation department - still no luck. I only have ignite internet, no bundles, nada.

Terrible service! I have been a faithful client for 30 years and the service has always sucked, but nothing like lately.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation