cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers won't automatically issue cheque for negative balance

Shamishah
I've been here awhile

I canceled my account and a negative balance was not issued after 2 months. I called in and the billing lady (Neena?) wanted to confirm my date of birth. I gave her that and it was different than one on record (I might have given Rogers wrong DOB back when I signed up because I never felt comfortable giving it out). She asked me to go to a store, show ID to get the refund issued out. WHAT...I told her she may be suspicious of who I am on the phone but she cannot refuse and require to go to store to issue the refund to the name on file and to the address on file...AND THE REFUND should have been issued automatically ANYWAY...It wasn't like I was asking to issue refund to a different name or address...She asked me about my address, email address etc...and then still didn't fee comfortable and transferred me to CREDIT OPERATIONS to confirm the amount of credit... in a blink of an eye... without getting me to say anything... The Credit Operations lady told me the REFUND IS NOT AUTOMATICALLY ISSUED AND CUSTOMER HAS TO CALL TO GET A CHEQUE ISSUED OUT....WHAT WHAT WHAT...No way any company operates that way. And now I am on hold for 25 mins and afraid the call would even be hung up...Also, I just checked a post on the forum where a Rogers rep responded that negative balances DO GET ISSUED OUT AUTOMATICALLY AFTER 6 WEEKS...Never looking to come back...and finally...YEAH...THE CREDIT OPERATION HUNG UP ON ME WITHOUT resolution of the matter!!!!

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers won't automatically issue cheque for negative balance

RogersMaude

Good day @Shamishah,

Thanks for posting to the Rogers Community! I appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention.

Normally, automatic refunds on cancelled accounts are issued as a cheque in the account holder’s name and sent to the address on file. However, the process may vary depending on your type of account, for example (consumer versus business etc.)

The final invoice must be issued before the remaining credit balance can be refunded. This can take up to 6 weeks from the date of cancellation. Refund cheques are payable to the original payer, and must be mailed to the billing address on file. The request must be submitted to the Back Office Team for processing.

Please let us know if you require further assistance with the refund request for your cancelled account with us. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Re: Rogers won't automatically issue cheque for negative balance

Shamishah
I've been here awhile

What do you think why I have raised the concern on this forum?

And did you even check my account details before typing up your response? My account was canceled on Dec 7, 2022. If you check the calendar, you will know it is more than 6 weeks and 3 billing cycles since you have been keeping my credit.

The credit is too small ($24) that I don't even care much if you issue it or not. It is a matter of principal and business ethics.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation