cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling One A La Carte Channel

KMA1
I've been around

I’ve been trying to cancel BBC News World for over a month now. Every time I go to my account and click remove and submit, I get a technical error. I have tried the chat feature but never got through until today - today it took me 16 minutes of my life that I will never get back to cancel one channel. Why? Oh yes because the chat rep looked at my account and tried to upsell me more data on my phone. All I asked for was to cancel one channel. I have no idea what Roger’s systems are like but that in itself apparently takes at least five minutes as the rep kept telling me it was “processing”. There is a post from over 2 years ago where the moderator states he hoped the ability for customers to cancel their own channels was coming soon. Not soon enough! I want to cancel all of them after this experience.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancelling One A La Carte Channel

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Although the recently cancelled British Prime Minister Liz Truss might have Brexited faster than your BBC News departed, you incorrectly assumed that Rogers had less red tape than British Parliament.
The sad thing is that the system made it appear that you might be able to cancel the channel on your own, so you kept trying to achieve the satisfaction of getting the job done on your own.
Coming soon to IgniteTV+... Cancelling a channel was never easier! Simply speak into your Ignite remote and say:
"I lost my job, and my accountant stole all my savings."

Within 1 minute, your channel will be cancelled, and your Rogers account will also be closed. We will not try to upsell, or downgrade your experience with your cancelled channel any longer. Thank you for choosing Rogers. 🌷

Re: Cancelling One A La Carte Channel

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KMA1 wrote:

I’ve been trying to cancel BBC News World for over a month now. Every time I go to my account and click remove and submit, I get a technical error. I have tried the chat feature but never got through until today - today it took me 16 minutes of my life that I will never get back to cancel one channel. Why?

For support issues such as this, my preference is to send a private message to @CommunityHelps , explain the problem, and ask them to remove the channel.  They will ask you to submit personal information via a secure form so that they can authenticate you and access your account, remove the channel, and they will look into the underlying cause of the "technical error" that you are seeing.  They are a tremendously helpful group of people.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation