cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issues and Misinformation

Woshi
I've been here awhile

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 15 Pro, before I upgraded I was financing the iPhone 13 Pro. When the iPhone 15 was announced I started looking to upgrade online. When in the upgrade screen it told me online that my remaining financing balance up to $250 for my iPhone 13 Pro was going to be waived. Looking at this it gave me more of an incentive to upgrade earlier rather than waiting for my contract to upgrade. I ended up going in store to upgrade my phone. However, before all this while looking to upgrade my phone I was also looking to getting a newer and chaper data plan. I ended up calling Rogers Support Centre TWICE before going in-store and reserving the iPhone 15 Pro. Both times by two different agents they both told me that the remaining balance would be waived through the phone and in-store. Now in the store, I asked multiple times to make sure that the remaining financing balance was going to be waived and it seemed apparent that they checked and told me that I was eligible for the remaining balance to be waived. Furthermore, told me that if I saw it on my next bill to call Rogers Support and they would just waive the fee. I just got my first bill regarding the iPhone 15 Pro. On the statement I saw the remaining balance of the iPhone 13 Pro on the additonal charges section. I proceeded to call Rogers and now they told me that there were no notes about the previous agents telling me that the fee was going to be waived and told me to go to the store and ask them about it. Additionally, I asked about the setup fee and I was also told that if I called Rogers that they would waive it was as well. I was also never given the option to set it up myself through the rogers website when I picked up the phone. If I knew that was also an option I would have just set it up myself at home. Now I'm looking at my bill and it was double what I was expecting. I roughly did the math before reserving the phone and signing up for a new data plan. I feel a bit cheated through the entire process because I'm constantly told to go back and forth. I'm a full-time student and this is very financially taxing. I made sure to budget everything before financing the phone also.

Is there anything I can do to remove these extra charges and fees?

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Billing Issues and Misinformation

RogersMoin

Hello, @Woshi.

Welcome to our Community, and thank you for posting your billing concern. 

Congratulations on your iPhone 15 Pro upgrade! It would have been more pleasant if the balance of up to $250 had been waived. What was your device balance before the upgrade? Was it more than $250?

Most of the time, the exclusive offers tagged to your MyRogers profile must be claimed directly through self-serve online. We may not have access to apply that offer on your behalf. I understand you confirmed with the customer service and store before upgrading the device. Do you have a screenshot of the offer? We can investigate this for you.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: Billing Issues and Misinformation

Woshi
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately, I do not have the screenshot of the offer. The remaining balance of the financing for the iPhone 13 Pro was $92.22. The offer was there when the iPhone 15 was first announced and it was during preorders.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation