cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled and very rude validation team

Jedc28
I've been here awhile

Hi I opened a Rogers wireless, porting from Telus with two numbers, i got an iPhone 15 from store and decided not to port my number so I could just give my kid a line, and give my mom the iPhone to replace her old phone. Next day I ordered s24+ and s24 ultra online and then went to store to pick it up. She grabbed the phone from the back and then proceeded to finalize the order but she told me to call validations team. So I said can I call them now she said it was almost closing, so I tried next day and I dialed validation team and after 1 hour of waiting time I told the rep the issue and he informed me that my account shouldn't be opened at all very rudely and with an attitude asks me why the sim Is on a different phone but he just didn't listen . He said I should bring 2 photo IDs and stamped bank statement at the store. I just immediately said ok, and goes to add I'm locking the account for fraud. So I decided to prepare my IDs which is driver's license and SIN for bank statement I have from CIBC but not stamped. It was 530pm no way I can get it stamped but Rogers closes at 7pm so I decided to phone to ask if I can bring a certified document from Koho which is a digital bank for proof of address, and I called for 30 mins as he asked for my phone number validated me and said I'm gonna put you on hold I hear some music and some long key being pressed and I was disconnected. To my frustration I called again, this time 1 hour passed and I'm in store with my docs validations picked up and immediately hung up on me so I decided to leave the store feeling defeated. This has been the worst experience I have with ANY customer service in my life, Rogers should validate the validation team before hiring them and review their code of conduct.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Account cancelled and very rude validation team

RogersCorey

Good morning @Jedc28,

My name is Corey. 

I understand that this was not the greatest experience. We are concerned about the way you were treated and would like to investigate this matter further on your behalf.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Account cancelled and very rude validation team

Jedc28
I've been here awhile
A little update, went to the store and as soon as I called validation number, I got the same rep who was rude and out of line on his questions, like "what are you trying to get for this?" "What do you need it for" he asked me the first time to bring 2 IDS and proof of address which I did. He proceeded, and talk to store rep and verified and then, asks for another credit card, which has my name in it, and then tells the store rep to ask for another credit card. I gave visa which has my name Dela Cruz instead of Delacruz so he told me you would have to fix that with ur bank before we can re run a proper credit check. I feel like he just trying to find a hole. Credit check me how many times.i remember him asking me the first time I called specifically 2 gov issued ID, not the credit card I used and proof of address. As soon as I bring those he asks me how many credit cards and I need to show it to the store rep, as soon as he found a typo on one, he found a reason to further suspend my account instead of validating he made it his mission. Im in the process of switching my wife's and kids to Rogers because I heard it has good service and nice people but I was wrong
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation