cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Old Account Statements after Switching to Ignite TV.

will660
I've been around

Hi, I recently upgraded and here's what happened for me. I was sent a new Ignite Wifi Gateway modem (I initially had the Hitron CODA modem). I installed the new modem and it worked right away. I also had a Ignite Set Top box which I haven't set up yet. There are instructions within the modem setup docs to return the old modem by printing a return label and sending it back through Canada Post. 

I did have one issue with my account statements. This switch results in a new account#, and for some reason, I couldn't access my old account#. This means that I don't have access to my old account statements, which is a bit of a pain. Tried a chat last week and was told the statements won't be available, which didn't make sense. I will wait until I get my statement for the new account and see if it contains any details. I'm sure someone just have to change a setting so I can see my old account as well as the new account. But getting someone who can help is a bit of a hit and miss. 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accessing Old Account Statements after Switching to Ignite TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, when I migrated from Legacy Digital Cable to IgniteTV in late March, I retained the same account number.  I am able to see bills back to 2020, although I always download them monthly and store them on my computer, which allows me to go back to 2010 when I started doing that for Rogers.

One minor peeve was that my Internet usage only goes back to March when I migrated to IgniteTV, although I remember roughly what my usage was before IgniteTV.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, when I migrated from Legacy Digital Cable to IgniteTV in late March, I retained the same account number.  I am able to see bills back to 2020, although I always download them monthly and store them on my computer, which allows me to go back to 2010 when I started doing that for Rogers.

One minor peeve was that my Internet usage only goes back to March when I migrated to IgniteTV, although I remember roughly what my usage was before IgniteTV.

S_Forbes
I'm here a lot

Hi, Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I'm having the same issue. Switching over to Ignite from Legacy Digital which is being installed today. They've given us a new account number. Everything from the old account number is black online. How do I get ignite put on the old account number? Call Customer Care? My biggest problem is the family has been a customer for about 49 years. By getting the new account number will it show the length of time we've been a customer or because we've got the new ignite account do they think we are new customers. I want Rogers to know we've been loyal for that many years.

Thanks for reading,

Scott Forbes

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello,

Every line of business you have with Rogers has its own Account Number, however if you have consolidated a residential service with a wireless service, your wireless service account number becomes the primary account number you pay your bills with.   so even if you change to ignite tv from legacy tv, your account number on your consolidated invoice likely will not change, just the billing account number of the individual services, so when you get your next invoice, please check that to confirm, and guess what? if that is the case, your 49 years of tenure will NOT go away, so nothing to be worried about.

Hey Pauly,

Thanks for clearing things up. Makes sense.

Scott

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation