cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Rogers Keypad Beeping randomly - not showing disarmed

ingram75
I've been here awhile

Hello 

Looking for some support since Technicians are not doing home visits right now.  

I have a keypad, (not Rogers Equipment), that is by my entry door.   About 3 weeks ago it started beeping randomly and doesn't show when the system is armed or disarmed.  

I called the call centre and went through the trouble shooting and was told it is out of sync with the system.  They had me go through the steps to recognize the key pad from the Rogers touch pad, but it would not find the key pad.  

Any help would be appreciated.

*** Edited Labels *** 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Non Rogers Keypad Beeping randomly - not showing disarmed

RogersMoin

Hello, @ingram75.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. It can be bothersome when the keypad beeps randomly and not able to use it to arm/disarm the system. 

As tech support suggested, it seems like the keypad is out of sync with the Smart Home Monitoring system. It may require a reset of the alarm panel.

@Gdkitty -  any input on this situation?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

ingram75
I've been here awhile

Thoughts anyone?  Happy to provide additional details about the non rogers keypad if that would be of any help.

Hello, @ingram75

We'd like to take a closer look at this for you and see what options we have available to get this matter resolved for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

arecad
I plan to stick around

My keypad started doing the exact same thing. Even the time goes out of sync by 10-20 mins. 

Hello, @arecad

I can imagine how annoying it is having the keypad beep randomly or become out of sync with the rest of the system.

You may need to power cycle the alarm panel where your non-rogers keypad and sensors are wired up to. The panel will have a large black backup battery with a positive and negative connector at the top, you just need to remove the leads connecting to the positive and negative connector to disconnect the battery.

The panel also receives power via an adapter that is plugged into a wall socket or it may be hard wired to your home. If there is no power adapter connecting from the panel to a power socket then you'll need to find the circuit breaker switch that powers the area where the panel is wired and switch it to the off position to reset the panel and keypads. Please take a look at the keypad and ensure there are no lights on the display before reconnecting the battery and then the power supply.

If you have any trouble following these steps please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can try to assist you further.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries click here.

RogersTony

MGDG
I've been around

Mine began doing the same thing last night and has continued all day

ingram75
I've been here awhile
Good luck resolving it, mine is still doing it. It means we can not use our alarm, as it beeps constantly while we are out and drives the dogs crazy. The people on this form were helpful, but Rogers will not send out a Tech because of COVID. And I am not an electrician so do not want to mess with the wiring on my electrical panel.

Going on a year now........

Hello, @MGDG & @ingram75

@MGDG - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can see how having the keypad beeping on its own can become a major nuisance. The steps I provided above in Post 6 of this thread should reboot the panel and ensure the keypad becomes in sync with the rest of your system. 

Had it not been for the Pandemic, we would definitely have a technician come into your home to look into this for you. You can reach out to an  electrician to help you with these steps if you are not comfortable performing them on your own. 

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation