cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

fae45
I've been here awhile

I received the following email from "Rogers Comm"<rlall1@rogers.com> with the subject "undisclosed-recipients" and message:

Dear Valid User,

To Your Notice: We found out that your email has been suspended by our mail service! due to the unrecognized login area activities. To activate back your account click on the link below else we shall suspend your account within 24hrs.

RESOLVE ISSUE NOW (Removed the malicious link - RogersMoin)

DON'T IGNORE FOR MA!L-BOX PROTECTION.

Thank you,
Rogers Communications

<rlall1@rogers.com>

The bad English and the fact that I received this email while logged into an apparently suspended account (although it also says the account will be suspended in 24 hours) made me suspicious that this was just another scam. Can Rogers confirm that this email is not from them? 

Frank 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

RogersMoin

Hello, @fae45.

Thank you for posting the phishing email in the Community, it will help in raising awareness of such scams. 

As you have already guessed it's not from us. If an email looks like an official Rogers communication but is asking for suspicious or confidential information, don’t respond to it.

Rogers will never ask for your credit card number, personal information or password by email. Never respond to emails asking you to click on an embedded link (like RESOLVE ISSUE NOW in your post) to validate or confirm your details.

If possible please take the screenshot of the email including the header of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

104 REPLIES 104

RogersMoin

Hello, @fae45.

Thank you for posting the phishing email in the Community, it will help in raising awareness of such scams. 

As you have already guessed it's not from us. If an email looks like an official Rogers communication but is asking for suspicious or confidential information, don’t respond to it.

Rogers will never ask for your credit card number, personal information or password by email. Never respond to emails asking you to click on an embedded link (like RESOLVE ISSUE NOW in your post) to validate or confirm your details.

If possible please take the screenshot of the email including the header of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Here is another phish just received today:

Your incoming mails were placed on hold due to the fact you are using an outdated Rogers Mail version. Please click HERE to upgrade your account for free and enjoy the new Rogers Mail version.

Thanks,

Rogers  Administrator

© 1995 - 2019 Rogers Communications

Good morning and welcome to our Community @abce258!

Thank you for informing us about this phishing scam.

I would recommend reporting it to us via the official method that @RogersMoin mentioned above. Thanks again!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Mooshu
I'm here a lot

Received another one. DO NOT follow instructions!! Always check sender’s email. This is getting bad & happening too often. Rogers should do something to track down these users as the have “Rogers.com” in their email.
————
On Sep 30, 2019, at 11:51 AM, Rogers™ <A.PLANTE> wrote:

Dear User,

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 30th of Sep 2019. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail</A.PLANTE>

Hello, @Mooshu.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you so much for joining this discussion and raising awareness of such a phishing attempt. 

If you can please take the screenshot of the email including the header of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

I appreicate your contribution! 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

raymm
I've been here awhile

Email Quota Scam?

Got this:

Your Email Quota has reached 98% and will soon exceed it's Limit.

Upgrade your Email Quota to 50GB free to avoid loss of email data.

(Potential malicious URL removed - RogersMoin)

Hello, @raymm.

Thank you for posting the phishing email you received and raising awareness of such scams. You can also take the screenshot of the email including the header of the email, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Another scam - warning

Received another scam email. Be careful and report it to Rogers, which I did.
——————————
.On Nov 4, 2019, at 11:57 AM, Admin! <ddeline1007@rogers.com> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Your Incoming Messages Were Placed On Pending Due To Our Recent Upgrade. Verify Your Account Immediately To Get Your Mail Working.

To Get Your Mail updated CLICK HERE NOW

Thank You for Using Rogers Mail.

Rogers powered by Yahoo Rogers powered by Yahoo.

Thanks for the heads up @Mooshu! Other customers will be sure to be thankful that this information is freely available.

We appreciate every single report we get.

Regards,

RogersCorey

angiec
I've been here awhile
Received this today. Also receiving text messages.

ROGERS_LOGO

The Classic version of Rogers Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 6th of November 2019. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Hello @angiec,

We appreciate your sharing this information with us! Anytime we can help prevent others from falling victim to a possible scam is a win-win for us all! 

If possible, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

You can report suspicious text messages by forwarding them via text message (SMS) to 7726 (SPAM).  It helps us identify new types of spam messages and improve our filters for all users.

Please remember not to click on any links included in these types of emails or text messages received and delete them right away. This will help ensure your protection and safety. 🙂

Thank you,

RogersLaura​​​​​​​

Gretel1
I've been around

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  12/19/2019 10:47:21 p.m.

Greetings @Gretel1,

Thank you for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 👍

There are quite a few email scams happening lately and these scam artists are becoming more and more clever with their tricks. We caution you against opening any suspicious emails, clicking on any unknown links or sharing any personal information for your own safety and well-being.

As per my post above, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

A_Lee
I've been around

Rogers <george.crews@frontier.com>

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  01/08/2020  11:01:08 p.m.

Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password

Keep same password    

NOTE :   This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of  spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

Received an email today from pwatt0128@rogers.com, Subject New Alert Notifier

Dear Rogers User,

You need to update your Rogers Mal security and Mailbox before 24hours to avoid account shutdown.

Click here to update.

Thanks, Rogers Customer Service

Can you please confirm if this is a scam?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@A_Lee and @Kelly5272 don't do it.  I'd say that its a scam.  If you have any doubts, call customer service or tech support directly to inquire about the status of any of your accounts or services.  Don't blindly follow any links that are included in any messages or email.  

Scammers are pretty creative these days.  The golden rule should be to never respond to any messages such as this.  Call the company in question if you have any questions or concerns about your accounts or services. 

Sofia1
I've been around

(Removed Email Address from Post - Keep Personal Info Private - RogersTony)

Dear User,

Your incoming messages were placed on hold due to our recent upgrade. UPDATE your mail-box to receive new messages that are pending and upgraded to the latest version ....

Warning: failure will cause permanent Shutdown if you do not Update! 

Service Mail Support

Rogers System Administrator

Hello, @Sofia1.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate you joining the Community and posting the suspicious email you have received to raise the awareness of such scams. As outlined in post 12 by RogersLaura, you can take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received" so it can be investigated. 

Thank you so much for your contribution. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

burnsie
I've been here awhile

I just received a "Rogers" email that requested that I revalidate my email.

Is this a scam?

scam.jpg

Hey @burnsie,

Thanks for being a part of our Rogers Community Forums, we appreciate the post! 👍

If you take a peek at post #12 of this thread, I've provided some instructions on how to report any suspicious emails claiming to be from 'Rogers'. 

Please also have a look HERE at this helpful article which provides tips on how to determine if an email is legitimate and the different ways to protect yourself from possible scams.

I hope this helps! 😊

RogersLaura