cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive call while in usa

xx1
I've been here awhile

My wife is currently traveling to Florida. She has a galaxy s10 and is unable to send or receive phone calls . Data and texting work intermittently. She has tried different networks and is currently connected to the tmobile/rogers network.
Any help would be appreciated

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to make or receive call while in usa

RogersJermaine

Greetings @xx1!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post. I understand how it can be frustrating not being able to connect with family while they are away but let us see if we can figure out a resolution here.

First is the device on a prepaid or postpaid plan? Wireless providers in the United States have permanently shut down their 3G/HSPA networks as of July 1, 2022. Prepaid customers will no longer be able to roam on the cellular network in the U.S. (even if their device is 4G LTE or VoLTE Roaming).

If it is postpaid let’s look at some other steps to try. 
Were you ever able to make or receive calls while roaming? 
Are you getting a bounce back error when the Text messages are not going through? 
What is the signal strength when you are connected to a network? 
When you tried connecting to other networks were you able to make any calls at all? 
Can you try also toggling to a different Network Mode? Samsung: Settings > Connections > Mobile Network > Network Mode

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

xx1
I've been here awhile
Hello.
I am sorry for the late response, but I was unable to log in .

To answer your questions.
1. The phone is on a post paid plan
2. There has been times that calls will go through, but it is very sporadic, and more often than not they do not go through.
3. I believe she is getting a bounce back error sometimes. Other times it will send but take days for it to reach the intended party. There are also times that it has worked normal and as it should.
4. The signal strength is excellent.
5. At times yes. Very rarely does a call go through. She is staying in one area in Florida. When I spoke with tec support about the issue, I was told to connect to T-mobile. When connected to tmobile it often states that sim card is not registered on network.

6. Changing modes doesn't seem to help.

Thank you for the help. It would be great if we could find a solution, as she we be there for some time.

Thank you for your reply @xx1! We apppreciate the detailed response.

To further assist you, we'd like to gain access to your account, assuming that your wife's number is one on which you have access to.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

xx1
I've been here awhile
Done!
Thank you.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation