cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manage Ignite TV package and Flex channels

ylavoie
I've been here awhile

I'm unable to manage by Ignite TV package and/or change my Flex channels.  The "Manage" TV link is just redirecting back to the Rogers home page. Is anybody else having this issue?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to manage Ignite TV package and Flex channels

Lorne4
I'm here a lot

I had exactly that happen several weeks back when using the web site. It just kept redirecting back to Rogers' home page ad infinitum. I deleted all my Rogers cookies (not any others) and it worked okay after that. Mostly. When it didn't completely work, I noticed after I logged in and got the page with my bill, that for some reason, at the top of the page it had me placed in Quebec (QC) instead of Ontario (ON). I changed it to ON and then was able  to proceed to my usage info and change flex channels etc. For some time after that I had to keep changing the QC to ON every time I logged in. But seems to be working OK now. I think this is the second time I had to delete the Rogers' cookies since last summer to get things working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersCorey

Greetings @ylavoie!

Are you experiencing this issue on both the MyRogers app as well as our website? Have you tried clearing cookies/cache on your browser?

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Lorne4
I'm here a lot

I had exactly that happen several weeks back when using the web site. It just kept redirecting back to Rogers' home page ad infinitum. I deleted all my Rogers cookies (not any others) and it worked okay after that. Mostly. When it didn't completely work, I noticed after I logged in and got the page with my bill, that for some reason, at the top of the page it had me placed in Quebec (QC) instead of Ontario (ON). I changed it to ON and then was able  to proceed to my usage info and change flex channels etc. For some time after that I had to keep changing the QC to ON every time I logged in. But seems to be working OK now. I think this is the second time I had to delete the Rogers' cookies since last summer to get things working.

ylavoie
I've been here awhile

The issue is with the province drop-down at the top of the page.  When I switched from QC to ON which is where I live, it started to work.  I can now manage my TV package.

Having said that, I noticed that I still cannot manage any Flex channels.  I upgraded my Ignite TV package and noticed that the Flex channels are no longer available.  I need to buy the each new channel individually.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ylavoie : @Lorne4 : Here are some comments.

1. Having QC show up may be related to your IP address?  Have you used something like the following link to check your IP address. It should be near your location and if it's not, then a number of websites that use location will be "incorrect.  You may be able to contact Rogers to get this resolved, but that can take months and somethings simply waiting gets this fixed as IP addresses get properly placed...

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

2. If you use Incognito mode in Chrome or Private Mode in Firefox or Edge, and it works, then that indicates that you have an issue with your cookies or your cache.  You need to completely delete all Rogers cookies and your cache and then the browser may work properly again.  Here's a list of additional tips when something goes wrong with a Rogers website:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

3. @ylavoie : If you subscribed to one of the new packages after November 1, 2023, there are no Flex channels, period.  This is because most (but not all) of the channels that were involved in the various Flex options are now included in similar new packages.  I know that people don't always have the time to do their research on all the channels that are in various packages, but then the consequences are that channels that you want can be "missed".

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation