cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Log Into Smart Home App

AssistancePleas
I've been here awhile

My smart home monitoring app suddenly is not letting me sign in. I log in and instead of taking me to the home page it says “Sorry there is a problem on our end. Thank you for your patience while we fix it.” It’s been like this for over a week. Any ETA on a fix?
Potentially helpful info: I have a iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3.1. I tried turning my phone off and on as well as deleting and reinstalling the app.
Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

50 REPLIES 50

Re: Unable to Log Into Smart Home App

ksong
I've been around

Same issue with the app as well. Can't login. The app is useless right now.

Vineethjohn
I'm here a lot
The issue seems to be fixed for me now. I am able to login. I suppose some update/fix was being done at Rogers' end? A heads-up would have been nice if that's the case.

Vineethjohn
I'm here a lot
I was too quick to update. The app is down again. I was able to login for a couple of minutes and now it won't even let me get past the first Sign In button.

I am having same issue since yesterday.  Trying an iOS update to see if that will help.  Any word from Rogers tech support?

Re: Not able to login to Rogers home monitoring app

Quamim01
I've been around
I have also been having signing in to the Rogers Home Monitoring app. It just loops back to the Welcome Sign In Page. I have also reinstalled the app, but no luck. I have also called Rogers after being on hold with them for an hour and they told me that they are opening up a ticket as there have been complaints on this issue. They could not specify when it will be resolved.

roneelprasad
I'm here a lot
No you do a battery and power pull take the cover off on the back unplug the power on the touchscteen and take the battery out for a few seconds then put it back in and when it eventually boots up try using the app again. But that's only a temporary solution, it will happen again

50sreader
I plan to stick around

System started to work at about 10:30 this morning after the monitor screen beeped.  iPad access has been down now for some time with the error, "there has been an issue with your account. Please sign in again" 

Joe_et_Queenie
I've been around

I am having the same issue . Couldn't sign into the app. Keep returning "There has been an issue on your account. Please Sign in Again".

Benmcd123
I've been around
Hi guys!! I cannot log into my Smart Home App!!! It says there has been an issue on your account please log in again

Hello Community

A warm welcome to all of our new members/first-time posters, @Benmcd123, @Joe_et_Queenie, @roneelprasad, @JMC469, @Vineethjohn, & @huatong1981. We hope that you will stay awhile. 🙂

With regard to the Smart Home Monitoring app issues, I know how frustrating this has been for all of those affected. We have received confirmation that this matter should be resolved as of 4 PM EST on September 27th. If you are still having issues with logging in we'll be happy to address this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

roann
I've been around

Hi there
Has anyone have the issue where after updating the R.S.H.M.A that you cannot sign in. The app is unresponsive.

Hello, @roann

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We know how important it is to have consistent access to the Smart Home Monitoring app. Do you get a specific error message when trying to login to the app?

If you have not already, please uninstall and then reinstall the app on any of your affected devices.

Let us know if the same issue is persistent.

RogersTony

Pocket
I've been here awhile

Smart Home monitoring App cannot sign in. Android Phone, whenever press sign in button, there is no reaction, no error, nothing happen. It works on Iphone.

Tried:

uninstall and re-install

clear cache and data

try with cell phone data and wifi

Hey @Pocket,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you so much for your post. We certainly want you to be able to access your Smart Home Monitoring app as soon as possible.

To further assist you, we'd need more information so if you could answer the following questions to the best of your ability it would be much appreciated:

Was it previously functional and it stopped working after an OS or app version update?

Have you tried your credentials with another app such as MyRogers, for example?

What type of device were you trying to use the Smart Home Monitoring application on?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Pocket
I've been here awhile

it was worked before july

no, I don't have myRogers app.

I'm using MI phone base on Android 10

There are a lot of comments in the google store that have the same problem.

Thanks for getting back to me @Pocket! I appreciate the additional information.

Next step would be to reboot or powercycle the touchscreen pad completely, and/or do a restart on the software of the touchpad. Then, once everything is back up, try accessing the Smart Home Monitoring app again.

Are you able to try it on another device even temporarily? It could be a friend or family member's phone or tablet. We want to be able to pinpoint if the issue is with the app, the device you're using or with your credentials.

Thank you very much!

RogersMaude

Pocket
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the step by step troubleshooting, as you mentioned, I just realized I should use my backup android phone to try it, and I found out my current phone has Chrome app, and it doesn't appear the credential website. Once I uninstall Chrome, it works now.  🙂

Hope my case could help other people if they have the same problem because of the third party web brower on their phone.

Zoranm33
I've been around

Hello,
I haven’t been able to log into my home monitoring app all day. Login info is the same. Not sure if it’s an app issue. I deleted and downloaded app. My phone is updated.
Keep getting this error message:
Error 20003.

Hey @Zoranm33!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Smart Home App! Were you able to get assistance with that from support? If you're still unable to log in, feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps at your leisure and we can certainly look into this for you. You can find out more about our PM system here.

@RogersAndy

Since the last update, the app won't allow me to log in. The app store feedback told me to reboot device, clear cache, delete and reinstall app and ensure I'm running os10 on my Samsung device.

Had done all of that a handful of times and it still doesn't work. Now on Samsung SE F20 5G with updated os to the latest version 10 os and still cannot log on. Tried beta version, still doesn't work. The sign in button seems disabled. I can run demo version fine but the sign in button takes me nowhere.

Please fix this asap and stop asking customers if they have rebooted their phones.

The infinite runaround is ridiculous and the fact that I was asked to post here instead of being given support through rogers is absurd.

Hello, @reirei.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

I appreciate the details you've provided. When you tap on the Sign In button, it should launch a browser to complete the authentication. However, it seems a browser is not opening in your case. 

Have you set any browser as default on your device? You can check by navigating to Settings/Apps/Menu(3 dots)/Default apps.

You can also check if there any defaults set on the app by going to Settings/Apps/Smart Home/Set as default. If any, you may want to clear defaults and try signing in. 

Keep us apprised. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats