cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access MyRogers via Browser.

p325
I'm here a lot

My Rogers will not launch. Why does My Rogers not launch when I select it.

***Edited Labels***

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Unable to Access MyRogers via Browser.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor
Suggestion for Improvement (When the Rogers.com website is down)

This suggestion may have been made before, but as I mentioned previously, the taxonomy for subjects in this forum make it very difficult to find things to continue a previous thread discussion.

Anyway...  I have been unable to log in to the Rogers website in the last few days to either use this forum or check MyRogers information such as internet usage.  I could always get the Rogers home webpage  https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home but when I tried to sign in, the web page would go dark and stay like that.   

So.. when you are having an "issue at your end" can you put a banner on the Rogers Home page so we know your system is down.  An estimate on when it will be fixed would also be useful, if you have that information. At one point I did manage to get this message which addressed half the problem. "Later" would be what?  an hour? the next day?    

logon problems.png

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 : It would be rare indeed for the Rogers site to be down for more than a few hours and it would be easy to tell by looking at the forum to see if there were any recent posts. If there are recent posts, then the issue is not "system wide" since other people are getting in.

I have also encountered the "problem at our end" message - see link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/424...

The normal things to try when you encounter an issue is to clear cache and cookies - see my other link on the topic below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/421...

I also usually try several different browsers (Safari, FF, Chrome, as well as incognito mode) to see if it's the same on all browsers.  As you can see from my links, it often is not and the "message" you get may be different - like "maintenance mode" instead of "problem at our end", etc.

User14

@57 Very good suggestions when having trouble logging in to the Rogers web site. Much appreciated.

Note that I could access the Rogers website using Edge and Chrome but I didn't think about clearing my cache. 

The real issue was not being able to find out if there is was an outage for maintenance when I couldn't log in and no hint at the main Rogers Home page. 

I did try this site:  Is the website down  and it indicated that Rogers.com was up. I could "ACCESS" their main web page,  I just couldn't "LOG IN".  I also received the "problem at our end" message, so I was deceived and waited.  Eventually I managed to login. The message fooled me unfortunately.  Cheers.        

Dbg44
I've been around
My Roger's app browser site and multiple rogers applications have many issues and I am constantly fighting to use these services a lot of the time I just cant even make a payment due to poorly developed software for such a huge corporation I really dont understand how Roger's operates in such a manner I would hope they take this post seriously and try too fix bugs with the apps and online services if they hope to keep business with many of these customers as I know I am not the only one who experiences these issues

Hello @Dbg44,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your honest feedback!

I can imagine how much of a pain it must be to have so many issues with our Apps, especially when it comes to making a payment which should be an easy process. 

What seems to be happening when you try to make a payment via the App/Website? Do you get an error message of any kind or are you unable to enter your payment information? What are the other Apps have you noticed issues with and what seems to be the problems you are facing with them? Any additional information you can provide will be most helpful.

We do take these issues seriously and look forward to your response!

RogersTony

barndoor

Customer Surveys causing issues.

I can't even log in to MyRogers   let alone log in here when using chrome ....because a customer survey from ROGERS  comes up and locks the page  unless you do the survey ....and even when the survey is  completed the page is still locked ( maybe they didn't like the language I  used in the survey).  Smiley Wink

I used IE and got on here tonight  but  not sure I'm going to be back  if I have to go that route everytime. Throw in the captcha  silliness and it's just not seeming worth it . Smiley Sad

User14

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @duanxiaowen & @jays77,

@duanxiaowen Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how much of a pain it can be when your My Rogers profile is not working properly. It's super important to have consistent access to making bill payments and other features like the Data Manager.

I have just tested it on my end using Internet Explorer and Chrome and it seems to be working properly at the moment. Are you still having issues with the webpage? Were you able to try refreshing the page as @jays77 mentioned to see if that resolved the issue with the constant loading screen?

If you are still experiencing issues there could be an issue with your My Rogers profile and we will need to investigate further. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

@RogersTony

I had the same problem starting last night 18 Aug 2018 at 10:30 pm. I could not log in using the Chrome browser. I had logged on earlier in the day because the 18th is the end of the billing period and I was checked my overages.

On one of my attempts I saw this:

Scheduled Maintenance.jpgI hope you can read it because I nearly missed it. The webpage is dark and this message was dark also.  So I figured the system was taken down by IT early (no consideration for the clients expecting 1 more hour of use I should add). I expect it would be back up at 11 am on Aug 19th.  BTW, unavailable from 12am to 11am sounds confusing at first glance. Next time, tell them to use 00am or use the 24 hour clock. (From 180819 0000 to 180819 1100)  IT really must be clearer with customer communications.  I tried at 10:30 am this morning hoping the system would be back up early as well. No such luck.  11:00AM still nothing. Ok. No problem. IT is probably having bigger problems. I'll be patient and wait.  14:15pm still nothing. Now I am getting impatient. I check Is it down right now.com  and Rogers is up! What!? So I figure it is me.  I clear cookies and reboot but I still can't log in using the Chrome browser.  After supper I figure something has to work because it was working before and I have changed nothing on my profile!  So I try another browser - Edge and poof, I'm in.   So being inquisitive, I go back to Chrome and try again.   No luck with Chrome at https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home  I also tried Foxfire and it works. 

Now...  because this has happened to me before (see above) I wasn't quite sure what I should do next.  

Perhaps you can simply answer these questions for me so I understand what to expect the next time I am shut out of My Rogers.  

- Was the Rogers website down for maintenance on the 19th of Aug or not? 

- If so, when was it down and when did it start up again?

- If it was, why did I not see the message that there was Scheduled Maintenance until my third attempt to log on?

- Why is the Scheduled Maintenance message black on a black background?

- Why can I still not log in using the Chrome Browser? 

- Why would  "My Rogers profile" change if I didn't change it?

- If the MyRogers website is down, will it be visible if I use  "Is it down right now.com"?

If you can answer these questions, I'll be better prepared to deal with it in the future.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

Customer Surveys causing issues.

I can't even log in to MyRogers   let alone log in here when using chrome ....because a customer survey from ROGERS  comes up and locks the page  unless you do the survey ....and even when the survey is  completed the page is still locked ( maybe they didn't like the language I  used in the survey). 

I'm hoping that the survey you're talking about is not the scam survey discussed in the following link?  

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Rogers-survey-turned-out-to-be-...

It is possible to get out of the survey by using another bookmark, or exiting the browser.    By clearing cookies and your cache, you may be able to avoid the survey in the future.  This Scam/survey has often been associated with yahoo pages, etc.  You may wish to check out earlier posts in the thread link provided above if this is the survey which you're talking about.  Other "real" Rogers surveys that I've encountered are usually easy to exit and/or ignore.

barndoor

@57 .... thanks for the heads up. It looked like the typical Rogers survey that pops up EVERY time I come to the forums , the same questions , no personal info needed. 

Time will tell I guess and I will give the clean up a try .

barndoor

I just wanted to add to this that I find it interesting that I used to lurk without signing in and the ROGERS survey came up EVERY time ...midscreen . If you clicked "not now" it would go away  but return again if you stayed too long .  With this latest survey there is no mid screen survey that shows up ....I'm just blocked by a survey page  from signing in .  I can go back and lurk no problem just can't continue on to  sign in

I find it extremely  hard to believe that this is not just another Rogers  "glitch" like has been  seen so often before.

User14

@barndoor wrote:

I just wanted to add to this that I find it interesting that I used to lurk without signing in and the ROGERS survey came up EVERY time ...midscreen . If you clicked "not now" it would go away  but return again if you stayed too long .  With this latest survey there is no mid screen survey that shows up ....I'm just blocked by a survey page  from signing in .  I can go back and lurk no problem just can't continue on to  sign in

I find it extremely  hard to believe that this is not just another Rogers  "glitch" like has been  seen so often before.

@barndoor  FYI. There are also hidden trackers used by Rogers that can interfere with your site access.  I am using an add-blocker extension on Chrome and the Tracker below gets blocked when I try to access the Rogers site. Right now I have to use MS Edge without an add blocker in order to log on here.  I get the home page with Chrome, but I am not able to log into MyRogers with it.  These  advertisements, especially the pop up videos, suck up my limited Rogers internet data very quickly. It is costs me when I receive these adds, so I am totally unwilling to give up the add blocker. Perhaps Rogers should be more transparent and let customers know what information they are tracking and ask for our agreement first.  

Blocked tracker Rogers.jpg

User14

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @Dbg44,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your honest feedback!

I can imagine how much of a pain it must be to have so many issues with our Apps, especially when it comes to making a payment which should be an easy process. 

What seems to be happening when you try to make a payment via the App/Website? Do you get an error message of any kind or are you unable to enter your payment information? What are the other Apps have you noticed issues with and what seems to be the problems you are facing with them? Any additional information you can provide will be most helpful.

We do take these issues seriously and look forward to your response!

RogersTony

@RogersTony  When I used the Rogers Mastercard to try and pay my bill, it would not work.  It was quite awhile ago but if I remember correctly, it was because I was using an add blocker.  Sorry, but I don't have the time to go back and look up the details for you.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@User14 wrote:

@barndoor  FYI. There are also hidden trackers used by Rogers that can interfere with your site access.  I am using an add-blocker extension on Chrome and the Tracker below gets blocked when I try to access the Rogers site. Right now I have to use MS Edge without an add blocker in order to log on here.  I get the home page with Chrome, but I am not able to log into MyRogers with it.  These  advertisements, especially the pop up videos, suck up my limited Rogers internet data very quickly. It is costs me when I receive these adds, so I am totally unwilling to give up the add blocker. Perhaps Rogers should be more transparent and let customers know what information they are tracking and ask for our agreement first.  

Blocked tracker Rogers.jpg

Firefox also has Tracking Protection, but I've had to disable it for Community Forums because in order to make the "Like" button work.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A while back I developed the following list of suggestions for those who have difficulty logging in to the forums, MyRogers, Rogers e-mail, etc:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/m-p/422533#M52372

I use Rogers MasterCard for payment on PAYGo (Auto-Top-Up) and my Cable TV/Internet/Rogers Home Phone bills (Auto Payment) without issues.

One other suggestion is to try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

User14

@57 wrote:

A while back I developed the following list of suggestions for those who have difficulty logging in to the forums, MyRogers, Rogers e-mail, etc:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/m-p/422533#M52372

I use Rogers MasterCard for payment on PAYGo (Auto-Top-Up) and my Cable TV/Internet/Rogers Home Phone bills (Auto Payment) without issues.

One other suggestion is to try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

@57 It appears your "hints" for email login are just as applicable for accessing MyRogers.  Cudos for that.

Note: I was able to access MyRogers using Chrome with advertisement and pop-up blockers prior to the 19th.

But the Incognito mode in Chrome is working for me right now.  I assume the web trackers are not tracking in this mode. Smiley Wink    Rogers should return to the old configuration until they fix this issue, but enough said. 

I also added your No. 6. and No. 7 suggestions for others who are looking for answers to the "cannot access MyRogers" problem.  They are good suggestions, especially No. 5. I use a clean Foxfire, but I didn't try it.

I was distracted by the Scheduled Maintenance banner. 

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings.

2. Make sure you don't have the pop-up blocker enabled.

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled.

4. Try a different browser.

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above.

6. try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

7. Try clearing cookies and reboot your PC

barndoor

thanks for the info guys ..... I go to a  fair number of websites  that in my opinion need to be far more secure and accessible  than any forum or phone account  and they are far simpler and faster than coming here ...why ?

I'm not a computer  oriented person and don't know how to do half the stuff you are talking about here but  judging by the way other sites are working for me  I don't see why I should have to  if the company has any real interest in providing for its customers.  Simplest solution I see is to close out here and use the companies that  seem to be more customer oriented.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

I'm not a computer  oriented person and don't know how to do half the stuff you are talking about...

Here are a couple of tips for the "non-geeks". 

1. Download several different browsers for use on your computer. If one doesn't work, try another.  Many websites have a preferred browser and that's why I have 3 different ones on my computer.  If I'm having a problem on a website, I try a different browser.

2. Keep at least one of the browsers in its default mode. For example, don't add any adblockers, extensions, pop-up blockers, etc. as mentioned in the previous posts.  If something doesn't work, use that browser.  In Chrome, Incognito mode bypasses any cookies and that's why it'll often work.

3. If you don't know how to do something like clear cookies or clear the cache, simply go to the "help" pulldown for the browser and type what you want to do.  The instructions are usually easy to follow and sometimes the browser will even take you to the appropriate setting from "help".

barndoor

Thanks @57 ,so far the incognito  seems to   have improved the  access time significantly . 

This does however seem to make it seem a whole lot more like a ROGERS generated issue  than a third party sourced issue and the implications of that on customer service remain in my opinion.

gvpercy
I've been around

I'm using my iPad...and when I enter my login credentials, nothing happens, not even an error message.

Hello, @gvpercy

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. It's certainly strange that nothing happens after entering the login credentials. I'm wondering if you are using a browser to access MyRogers since you have posted in this thread. Typically, if you were to use a browser on your iPad to access MyRogers, you should get redirected to the App Store to download the app. 

If the redirect is not happening; you can visit the App Store and download the MyRogers app and share your experience with us. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

barndoor

Re my complaint in post 27 of this thread .... thank you to Rogers for whatever  adjustment has been made . I am now back to using chrome and log in  is working the way it used to . Smiley Happy

Topic Stats