cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Hub - Scheduled downtime not working

Andy1977
I've been around

I have downtime scheduled on my kids iPhone and iPad and it’s not working... even though my ignite app says the downtime is schedule; I continue to see my kids able to access the internet on their tablets. It worked when I first set it up for a day or two and hasn’t worked since even when I try to reset the downtime.

*Added Labels*

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub - Scheduled downtime not working

Hello Community!

If you're experiencing this issue and you haven't yet reached out for support, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

We would like to escalate tickets for anyone that's impacted to ensure that this is getting looked into.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Pieboy314
I plan to stick around

same issue here, been doing battle with this glitch for days now. (only realized that it is bigger than my account when discussing it with a co-worker this morning. Android vs iOS here as well)

same steps have been taken...reset modem, recreated account... no workaround found other than leaving the kids devices unassigned and giving them a wifi free-for-all

PM sent.

For the past week the time has been off with Rogers.  None of my Downtime Schedules are working at the correct time.  They still shut down and come back on, but are about 4hrs off from the schedule.  NOT convenient and definitely needs to be fixed.

Jennay3
I've been here awhile
I am having difficulty sending a pm. Am I searching for the “communiyHelps” user? No one comes up when I search.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Instructions on how to PM are included in the link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You need to be logged in to do so. Also, you can simply click on the @CommunityHelps hyperlink and send a PM via the red link on the right when it comes up.

Greetings @tpitman!

If you haven't yet spoken with our support teams to have this matter escalated, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

I would like to gather your account information and troubleshoot with you. If there's no workaround that I can find, I will escalate a ticket for you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

bbbreak
I've been here awhile

Since there are so many posting regarding the downtime schedule issues. Don't you think it's a problem that needs to be looked at as a whole instead of an individual account? It's obvious that there's a problem in the program that causing everyone not to be able to schedule downtime for our kids. Just issue the ticket already and have someone take a look at the issue. Come on Rogers....

Daver1969
I've been here awhile

Hi....having issues with pausing my sons IPOD touch on the Ignite WiFi App....I have the limit sets and it shows the device is paused but he's still able to use it....the downtime feature doesn't seem to work either

Elmo1973
I've been here awhile

Hello, has there been any update on these issue. before i had the ignite modem, i had this issue with the older router. the solution was to turn off IPv6. But on the ignite modem this option is now turned on and it cannot be turned off.

I am also having this issue and this feature is the main reason i am with Rogers, if it cannot be fixe asap i will be switching to Bell whose router is more reliable.

thank you,

Elmo1973
I've been here awhile

ok, i might or might not have found a solution but try it and confirm if this solves it for you as well. go to https://ignitewifi.rogers.com/connect/network log in with your Rogers credentials. Under the Connect Tab, click the Edit Wifi (top right). then check the option to separate 2.4g and 5g this will allow you to split the two signals from one network name into two. you can leave the same password for both. now when you browse the available wifi networks, you will see two belonging to your router. connect to either 2.4 or 5 depending on your device (you will have to reconnect all your devices to either one) after you do this you might need recreate your kids profile and re-associate the device to his profile. then everything should work again. My Son's ipad is now back on the schedule and turned off according to the schedule I created. let us know, this seems to be a hot topic for parents.

Topic Stats