cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV not working with Chromecast

Lawyerman9
I've been here awhile

I have contacted Rogers on this issue and to no avail. It was working about two months ago and I have had nothing but issues since. I would really appreciate it if someone would contact me and rectify this.

***Added Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ignite TV not working with Chromecast

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Lawyerman9

Welcome to the Community and Congrats on your first post! 😁 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been encountering for the past few months. I can imagine how frustrating this is. A few questions for you if you don't mind:

Is your Ignite TV app version 5.2.0 or later?

What device(s) are you casting from?

Are your devices configured?

Is the device you’re casting onto tuned to the same input that your Chromecast is plugged into (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2)?

Is the device you’re using to access Ignite TV – as well as the device you’re casting onto – both be connected to the same WiFi network?

In the event that you are using an Android device, is it running 5.0 Lollipop or later? With an Apple device, your compatible Apple device must also be running iOS 12 or later, and Ignite TV app version 4.11.2 or later is required. I also found a super helpful article that can assist you with casting from an Apple device here.

If casting from your computer or laptop with the Google Chrome web browser, please follow the steps below:

1: Go to the Ignite TV website.

2: Sign into Ignite TV with your MyRogers username and password.

3. At the top-right corner of the page (or on the screen playing your content), select the cast icon

4. Choose the device that you want to cast to from the WiFi-connected devices listed.

5. Select the content you want to watch (disregard this step if you started casting directly from your playing content).

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

Lawyerman9
I've been here awhile

Good afternoon,

Thank you for all the tips and I have tried everything.  I am using Chromecast and and ios device which the software and apps have all been updated.  They are both configured, on the same network and every app that I use from my device works except the Ignite app.

I have also tried to use Google Chrome from my laptop.  The issue is that it looks as though it is going to connect bot the three dots in the middle keep repeating as though it is loading but cannot get to the final step.

The Ignite app doesn't work? Did you setup your modem using EasyConnect? Do you have your own third party router bridged to the modem by chance?

If so, that may be the culprit here. I would recommend factory resetting your Ignite Gateway Modem and setting it up again using the Ignite HomeConnect App as the next step.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I’m having the same issues. Can’t connect / cast any channels from iPhone to TV. Apps on Chromecast work fine. Using Chromecast 4k hdmi connect into TV. Have reset everything including Ignite app, Chromecast, etc but Ignite TV won’t do final connection for casting a channel… 3 dots flash on screen with no further progress. I’m using IOS 17..2 and Ignite app 7.13…. Suggestions?

Hello, @Rogtech99 

Thank you for posting about the issues you are facing with casting the Ignite TV app to your Chromecast.

We appreciate all of the details you've provided. We'll need to escalate a ticket to our support team to investigate this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps  so we can gather your info and get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersTony

Lawyerman9
I've been here awhile
I do not have a third party router. The modem has been reset and set up again using the Ignite HomeConnect app. I have tried everything to get this working. All apps are up to date, everything has been deleted and reinstalled and it still does not work on Chromecast.

Good afternoon @Lawyerman9!

There are a couple of resets that I would like to try from here to see if I can get your Chromecast to connect. 

Please free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

northface57
I plan to stick around

I am having a similar issue with an iPhone(updated to the latest IOS) and Ignite 7.13.  I am trying to use ignite at our cottage.  Casting worked flawlessly last year.  I can't seem to get past the 3 dots on the casting. I've been using my laptop connected via HDMI to the tv to watch programs but I am handicapped in being able to cast content from my phone like photos to the tv.   I live in Ottawa with our cottage in QC.  Cogeco is our internet provider at the cottage.  I'd appreciate seeing what the solution to this issue is.  I contacted Rogers support last Fridday and have a ticket open but no closure yet.

Hello, @northface57.

Thank you for joining this thread and sharing your concerns. I assume you have rebooted your Chromecast device and TV. Also, please check for any pending updates on Chromecast and TV.

You can also rotate your iPhone to the portrait position to see if you can cast while waiting on ticket closure.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,
RogersMoin

northface57
I plan to stick around

Hi, yes I rebooted the chromecast and router a few times.  No progress on getting my phone to cast.  I have a Chromecast here at home and it works flawlessly.  Seems limited to the cottage...

rgds

Bob 

northface57
I plan to stick around

Hi @Lawyerman9   Did you resolve your Chromecast issue?  I'm having similar problems.  Please share any status on this issue.

thanks

Bob

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
Did you check with Cogeco if they're blocking it? (Notice how casting is Wi-Fi dependent).
I'd suggest bringing your cottage's Chromecast to your home, to test it, or vice versa.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation