cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV app on Ipad - In-Home wifi

JoseeG
I've been here awhile

Hello, 

We just switched over to Rogers (wifi / TV and home phone). Everything works well, however, I downloaded the Ignite TV App on my Ipad as I often watch my shows on there before bed. 

I cannot watch a lot of live TV on the app as it says : Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your in-home wifi. 

I'm connected to my home internet (same network as all our TV's and electronics).  I don't have any VPN's or security on my ipad (I just use it to watch shows...). Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone had that issue? I did not have this issue with Bell 😞 

Thank you! 

***Added Labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ignite TV app on Ipad - In-Home wifi

RogersTony

Hello, @JoseeG 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. I can understand how convenient it is to watch your favourite shows and live TV on your iPad.

Does this only happen on your iPad or does it happen on your smartphone also?

Can you please uninstall and then reinstall the app on your device, then restart the iPad by powering it off and then on again. Please ensure you are connected to your home Wi-Fi network before you load up the app and let us know if the same error is occurring. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

JoseeG
I've been here awhile
I have done the suggestions (remove the app, reinstall and restart my iPad). I also tried on my iPhone and it is giving me the same issues 😞

Thank you for trying those steps for me. 

We may need to escalate a ticket to get this resolved for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

RogersTony

emerson7
I plan to stick around

I have exactly the same issue using my iPad on Home Wifi and getting the same message, what was the solution? Thanks

Hello, @emerson7 

Thank you for posting your concerns to the community.

This issue would usually be related to an issue with geotagging on your IP address. Can you visit www.WhatismyIP.com and see if the location is matching the city you are located in?

Please let us know if it is showing the correct city. 

RogersTony 

emerson7
I plan to stick around

The address is not even close a NFLD address vs Ontario.  What does this mean?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@emerson7 wrote:

The address is not even close a NFLD address vs Ontario.  What does this mean?

See:  https://lxcenter.org/why-does-my-ip-address-show-a-different-city-wrong-location/

JKJKJKJ1
I've been around

what was the solution for this?

emerson7
I plan to stick around

Just tried this again and for some stations (MSNBC) when away it says it will only work on Home wifi. I think the issue is more with the station than with Ignite. Will not even work around with VPN.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation