cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Philip144
I plan to stick around

This App requires Adobe Flash when using Windows 10 Pro and Edge (Developers Beta).  Microsoft has indicated Flash will not be supported after December 2020 by any of it's browsers.  Will Rogers be addressing this problem (and please don't point me to Chrome, just answer the question).

*Added Labels*

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
Safari 14 no longer supports Flash....a statement from Apple. Ignite does not work on my MacBook or IMac. It is OK on my IPad. Rogers has been asked in this forum and others about what they are going to do when Flash becomes unsupportable and does not address the situation.

Rogers just, just, just upgraded https://ignitetv.rogers.com and the site no longer requires Flash Player.  I was even able to play content on my iPhone using a only web browser, and forcing it to load the "desktop" version of the site.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around
Woo Hoo, works on my MacBook using Firefox. and Safari now.

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

@-G- wrote:

@schmidtp wrote:
Safari 14 no longer supports Flash....a statement from Apple. Ignite does not work on my MacBook or IMac. It is OK on my IPad. Rogers has been asked in this forum and others about what they are going to do when Flash becomes unsupportable and does not address the situation.

Rogers just, just, just upgraded https://ignitetv.rogers.com and the site no longer requires Flash Player.  I was even able to play content on my iPhone using a only web browser, and forcing it to load the "desktop" version of the site.

Unfortunately, they don't support Linux.

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

I don't have Linux installed but have you tried it with the Edge or Firefox browser?

JKnott

I was using Firefox and the error message said the operating system wasn't supported.

JKnott

It works on my cell phone.  I see it supports connections over the cell network, in addition to WiFi.  When both are available, will it default to WiFi?

JKnott

I was thinking that since Ignite TV works with a browser, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to make a small Android box to replace the boxes rented from Rogers.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JKnott wrote:

I was using Firefox and the error message said the operating system wasn't supported.

Are you able to play the DRM-protected videos on demo.castlabs.com on your Linux system?  If so, you might be able to get the Ignite TV player working by changing your browser's User-Agent string to masquerade as a Windows system or a Mac.  If not, then try another browser, such as Vivaldi, which does ship with the Widevine CDM on Linux.

Topic Stats