cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error TVAPP00100 when casting from IgniteTV App to Google Nest Hub Max

rockglide
I'm here a lot

It would appear that the Rogers IgniteTV App (android and ios) both error out when attempting to cast to a Google Nest Hub Max.

The error is TVAPP00100

I am able to cast with the IgniteTV App to various T.V.'s or other devices, just not to the Google Nest Hub Max.

I am able to cast everything else to the Google Nest Hub Max, just not this app.

It would appear that the same technology is also used by Xfinity and the same issue is found there, so I can only assume that something has changed by the feed provider and not to the devices.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error TVAPP00100 when casting from IgniteTV App to Google Nest Hub Max

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around
Well it’s fixed- thanks Rogers- I knew you could fix this- better late then never.
Watching my news and happy.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Kmenglu
I've been here awhile
Same here. It stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Tried many different options like reinstall ignite app, reboot ignite, reboot Google nest max, hub,etc. Nothing works.

I have reached out to the developers of the app and they have forwarded the information to their tech department.

Kmenglu
I've been here awhile
Any updates? Thanks!

Nothing happens fast when it comes to app updates. I don't expect anything for at least a few weeks.

Overl0rd316
I've been here awhile

Same issue here, except I am also unable to cast to a regular Chromecast either (intermittently). I reported the issue to Rogers and spoke to 2nd line support. Received an email back a couple of days later to say they couldn't replicate or pinpoint the issue (of course).

They promptly apologized for the inconvenience and closed the ticket.

Bitablespore2
I've been here awhile
I too am experiencing the same error for several days now. Many customers rely on the ability to Chromecast to our television rather than renting additional ignite streaming boxes. This is becoming an issue in my house now.

Greetings @Bitablespore2!

Are you getting this same error when casting to a Google Nest Hub Max or directly to your television?

Regards,

RogersCorey

This only happens when casting to the Google nest hub max either using an Android phone (pixel. 6) or iPad. So both apps have the same issue. I can cast fine with both devices to a television without issue. This is a known issue with the Xfinity app in the U.S. so it is the app and not the devices.

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around

I have opened over 3 tickets & now had my wifi modem changed & a services tech sees not working on my Google Max Hub.
I have tested every possible scenario, load and re loaded apps, used two different hubs, factory reset.
Strangely enough if I go directly to a channel provider ex:CTV, Global, CBC on there apps I can cast content and it works.
I was very disappointed to be told by your FSC you didn’t support Chome Casting. Strangely it did work till a few months ago.- for two years it worked- woke up one day and didn’t work.
I cast my news everyday while I have breakfast or should I say I did.
So based on Website saying you support Chrome Casting to ignite& the fact it did work can anyone explain this two me.
It should be obvious if a customer opens. At least three tickets they have or perceive they have a problem & the tickets get fixed with no action- no answer- just it works. I can assure after this much energy it doesn’t- where do I go from here.

**Labels Added**

Greetings @Stephanie61!

We do support Chromecast. I just tested it via the Ignite TV app on my own TV and was successfully able to cast.

Have you tried yet to remove your Google Max Hub to see if Chromecast works directly through our modem? Please try this process of elimination test for us so that we can determine if the issue lies with your third party equipment.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around

Well you’ve lost me here. I assume as I am using modem for wifi - it’s going through it. I have tried to hubs- also other tv apps like CTV Global- CBC do cast & stream. If I use the Ignite Tv app they do not cast- or stream. I get tv app 00100. It would seem as I look through your forum this is being reported by others- though your responses to users seem to point to your platform.

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around

The problem definitely lies between your app and device. I would think you should be looking into as you have users complaining- trouble shooting. Glad you have clarified it’s a service you support as your FSC clearly didn’t.

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around

The only thing that doesn’t cast is Rogers TV ignite app- so carriers & Netflix & Prime all cast & stream - just the Rogers app? Curious????

Let's be clear here without muddying the waters.
The Rogers Ignite App can cast well to a television (that is NOT the complaint). The App cannot cast to Google Nest Hub Max displays. This was never an issue until recently. Casting from our devices using other streaming services (NOT the Rogers Ignite App) work flawlessly, so the fault is with the Ignite App.
I have reached out to the developers of the app (about four weeks ago) and the response then was that they would forward it to their team.
It should also be noted that this same complaint is rampant in the United States for users of the Xfinity App (which is what Rogers uses) so perhaps somebody in App Support needs to talk to their counterparts at Xfinity....just saying.

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around
Googles has informed me the problem is in the Comcast - platform aka Rogers Ignite.
“Yes, because we don't have that error message under our system, as I explain there should be some settings that is not compatible with the
HUb.
I have spent a lot of time with Rogers io this-( also Google)
My summary is:
Rogers bought a platform from Comcast- ignite TV ( used in USA as well)
An upgrade was done in February to the platform
Platform “Ignite TV fails “ on Google casting devices
So Rogers bought a platform that now fails in Google casting devices
Customer buys a service from Rogers Ignite TV it now fails
Rogers insist it’s an issue for the end user to resolve with Google
Pretty sure Rogers should be an unhappy customer buying a platform that doesn’t work- just like the Rogers users are feeling with there Ignite Platform & Rogers TV.
Apparently Rogers has no avenues to fix- figure that out-?

I have the same problem but did not have any issue using the Shaw Blue Curve T.V. app when casting to Google Home Nest hub.  Maybe Xfinity or Rogers need to see why the Shaw app works and their app does not??

This issue seems to have now resolved itself with the most recent Nest Hub update from Google.

Overl0rd316
I've been here awhile

Nope. I still have the same issue. Latest firmware version on the Google display, same error.

Stephanie61
I plan to stick around
It use to work on Rogers- till February 2023 (Rogers can pinpoint date & issie)
They don’t seem even in the slightest interested in resolving an issue with an APP Rogers bought from Comcast, that in turn Rogers was s promoting & selling their customer.
They ex. Response was up to subscriber to resolve- despite promoting this available service.
I personally find it difficult to believe Rogers can’t support a resolution.

Kmenglu
I've been here awhile
Same here. Ensure latest update , reboot a few times and still not working. Will need to reconsider another provider.
Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 in conversation