cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager

Ametist
I've been here awhile

I have 2 lines on ShareEverything. Only primary one is assigned as a “data manager”. Is there a way to prevent second line from turning data “on”, once it turned off by data manager?

***Added Labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Data Manager

RogersMaude

Good evening @Ametist,

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community!

Being able to control the data usage on your account is the main purpose of the Data Manager.

If you want to change Data Managers (or reactivate the data on a specific line), the account holder has the option to do so, from the Overview page, in MyRogers online.

• Do you know if the user of the second line on your account has access to your MyRogers online profile (from a web page)?

Other lines (who aren't the Data Manager) still see how much data they're using through the MyRogers app, but don't have the same settings and views available to them. All lines will be able to see who the Data Manager is.

Maybe the solution to your problem is as easy as updating your MyRogers password!

Let us know if you need further assistance. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Ametist
I've been here awhile
Thank you very much for your reply. I have updated password already. And it was my understanding that only assigned data manager can control the access to data for all lines on the account. However, the second user installed the app and somehow not only reviewing the usage, but able to turn it on as well.

Hey @Ametist,

You're very welcome! I completely understand your concern.

Your account's Data Manager can pause data access for any user at any time for the rest of the billing cycle.
If a line has their data access paused, they'll get a text message letting them know their Data Manager has limited their access. They can still use all their other services and use data through Wi-Fi.

Only the Data Manager or someone with the MyRogers username and password can restore the access. The usage will be paused until your new billing cycle starts (or sooner if the Data Manager decides to restore access manually). When that happens, the line that had its data connection limited will get a text to let them know their data is back on.

If you think the user of the second line was able to reactivate their paused data, after you've updated your MyRogers password, please reach out to us so we can further investigate.

To do so, send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we'll have the ability to determine next steps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please click here.

RogersMaude

Ametist
I've been here awhile
Good afternoon. The previous issue with second user reactivating the access to data is persisting. I changed the password. I turned off the data from website, not even from the app (thought maybe that will make a difference), data manager is assigned to other line. And yet, access to data activated again. Unfortunately, it is my teenager son, and when I asked him how he was able to by pass it, he didn’t answer.
I signed up with Rogers for two phones for my 2 kids for that particular reason, to be able to control the access, as the option of only physically to disconnect it from particular device wasn’t suitable for me. Somehow, the data manager function doesn’t work 100% as it intended. I would appreciate if further solution can be offered. Thank you kindly.

Good afternoon @Ametist!

If you're still experiencing issues and need further assistance, we can definitely help! Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can proceed forward towards a solution with you.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Ametist
I've been here awhile
I have tried numerous times to use PM system. But found it’s very complicated. My browser jumping from Rogers.com to communityforums.rogers.com and nothing is loading. In the PM, I am not sure which receipient I need to send a msg. I find this very frustrating.

Hello @Ametist,

Are you able to get to the New Message page? When sending us a private message, you would need to enter CommunityHelps in the "Send to" field. 

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

LG Velvet 5 - disconnect the data plan

I would like to know how I can disconnect my son off from his cell when he has a data plan. I heard that Rogers has an option.

I need to monitor my son's time of screen .

Hello @Alexandra71!

A warm welcome to our community and great first post! 👍

It's certainly helpful to have a tool that assists parents in keeping track of their children's data usage! If you have a Share Everything or Rogers Shared Infinite plan active on your wireless consumer account, then you will have access to our Data Manager when you sign into your MyRogers profile on the web or via the app.

Please click here for a step by step guide on how to pause or restore data access once logged into your MyRogers account online. To learn more about data management and our data manager tool, feel free to check out our FAQs found here.

Thank you kindly!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation