Casting from Ignite TV app

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klf
I'm Here A Lot

Casting from Ignite TV app

I just got Roger's Ignite TV and internet and installed the Ignite TV app on my Galaxy S9. I can watch a program on my phone but I can't see any options for casting to a TV or Chromecast device. Is this not possible?

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RvRPhx17
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Casting from Ignite TV app

You can now cast using the Ignite TV App

View solution in original post

All Replies
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ignite TV app does not allow for casting. Sorry.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. Here's post on casting (in the Digital Cable forum).  I'm guessing the allowances using Ignite are different from certain other apps.  Someone with more experience may be able to clarify further.  Use a website?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

RvRPhx17
I've Been Here Awhile

You can now cast using the Ignite TV App

View solution in original post

Klf
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the update!
Rayzm
I've Been Here Awhile

You’re now able to ChromeCast from the Ignite TV app, but not Air Play
nhats
I've Been Around

How? I don't see any icon to press.
Rayzm
I've Been Here Awhile

Make sure you have a Google Chromecast, the latest version of the Ignite TV app and that both your phone or device and your Google Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network. You should see the cast icon right next to the search icon on the top right when you log into the app.
Klf
I'm Here A Lot

You may need to update the Ignite TV APP to see the cast icon. I have it in the top right of the screen on my phone.
coolmanfever
I've Been Around

I have the latest Ignite TV app and NVidia Shield TV is update to date. I was able to cast Ignite TV shows from app from my Samsung S20 yesterday. But today the casting icon dissapeares on the upper right corner of my phone within the app. Anyone has the same problem? Seems like the casting function is not constant. Thank you!