Casting from Ignite TV app

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klf
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Casting from Ignite TV app

Have you checked your wifi connection?
I just did a quick test on my device and when I turn off wifi the cast icon disappeared and when I turned it back on the icon came back.
JKnott
I Plan to Stick Around

I also don't see how to cast.  I have the Ignite TV app installed on both my phone (Pixel 2) and tablet (Asus Zenpad) and have a Sharp Roku TV that supports cast.  WiFi is not the issue as I currently have a show coming in on my tablet, which connects via WiFi only.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As discussed earlier in this thread, you need to have a Chromecast device on your TV. An app on the TV will not work (Yet).

See also:  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-app-for-Roku-FireTV-etc/m-p/477465#M10350

Rogcusty
I've Been Here Awhile

I have 2 chromecasts in my house. I am able to stream live tv on one chromecast but when I disconnect and try to cast to the other, it gives me an error code on the tv and the app says "something went wrong. Please try again". It seems like the cast capability is there as the ignite logo appears but it will not cast.

RogersAndy

Hey @Rogcusty!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to one of the chromecast devices. Just a couple of questions if I may to get a better understanding of the issue.

Are both Chromecasts the same?
Is the error consistent when casting from other devices?
How many devices in total have you casted the app to?
How many devices total have you utilized the Ignite app on?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Rogcusty
I've Been Here Awhile

I have figured out that I can stream all on one but can stream the "to go" channels to the other. Not sure why but at least it's something.
Rogcusty
I've Been Here Awhile

1 chromecast was bought 6 months later or so. I've tried 2 phones and the other phone is consistent with what mine says. Like I said I can cast the app but it wont let me go past that to stream. I mentioned below it seems like if I use the tv go channels it works lol 🤷‍♀️
RogersTony

Hello, @Rogcusty

Thanks so much for those additional details.

We would like to take a closer look at this for you and run a few tests on our end. We may need to escalate this to our internal teams for further investigation.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here..

RogersTony