cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting from Ignite TV app

Klf
I'm here a lot

I just got Roger's Ignite TV and internet and installed the Ignite TV app on my Galaxy S9. I can watch a program on my phone but I can't see any options for casting to a TV or Chromecast device. Is this not possible?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Casting from Ignite TV app

RvRPhx17
I've been here awhile
You can now cast using the Ignite TV App

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Ignite TV app does not allow for casting. Sorry.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. Here's post on casting (in the Digital Cable forum).  I'm guessing the allowances using Ignite are different from certain other apps.  Someone with more experience may be able to clarify further.  Use a website?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

RvRPhx17
I've been here awhile
You can now cast using the Ignite TV App

Klf
I'm here a lot
Thanks for the update!

Rayzm
I've been here awhile
You’re now able to ChromeCast from the Ignite TV app, but not Air Play

nhats
I've been around
How? I don't see any icon to press.

Rayzm
I've been here awhile
Make sure you have a Google Chromecast, the latest version of the Ignite TV app and that both your phone or device and your Google Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network. You should see the cast icon right next to the search icon on the top right when you log into the app.

Klf
I'm here a lot
You may need to update the Ignite TV APP to see the cast icon. I have it in the top right of the screen on my phone.

coolmanfever
I've been around

I have the latest Ignite TV app and NVidia Shield TV is update to date. I was able to cast Ignite TV shows from app from my Samsung S20 yesterday. But today the casting icon dissapeares on the upper right corner of my phone within the app. Anyone has the same problem? Seems like the casting function is not constant. Thank you!

Have you checked your wifi connection?
I just did a quick test on my device and when I turn off wifi the cast icon disappeared and when I turned it back on the icon came back.

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

I also don't see how to cast.  I have the Ignite TV app installed on both my phone (Pixel 2) and tablet (Asus Zenpad) and have a Sharp Roku TV that supports cast.  WiFi is not the issue as I currently have a show coming in on my tablet, which connects via WiFi only.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As discussed earlier in this thread, you need to have a Chromecast device on your TV. An app on the TV will not work (Yet).

See also:  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-app-for-Roku-FireTV-etc/m-p/477465#M10350

Rogcusty
I've been here awhile

I have 2 chromecasts in my house. I am able to stream live tv on one chromecast but when I disconnect and try to cast to the other, it gives me an error code on the tv and the app says "something went wrong. Please try again". It seems like the cast capability is there as the ignite logo appears but it will not cast.

Hey @Rogcusty!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to one of the chromecast devices. Just a couple of questions if I may to get a better understanding of the issue.

Are both Chromecasts the same?
Is the error consistent when casting from other devices?
How many devices in total have you casted the app to?
How many devices total have you utilized the Ignite app on?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Rogcusty
I've been here awhile
I have figured out that I can stream all on one but can stream the "to go" channels to the other. Not sure why but at least it's something.

Rogcusty
I've been here awhile
1 chromecast was bought 6 months later or so. I've tried 2 phones and the other phone is consistent with what mine says. Like I said I can cast the app but it wont let me go past that to stream. I mentioned below it seems like if I use the tv go channels it works lol 🤷‍♀️

Hello, @Rogcusty

Thanks so much for those additional details.

We would like to take a closer look at this for you and run a few tests on our end. We may need to escalate this to our internal teams for further investigation.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here..

RogersTony

mk456
I've been here awhile

i am trying to cast from ignite tv app to chromecast.  i went to settings to allow ignite tv to access my local network but still not working.  any thoughts?

Hello, @mk456

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I know how convenient it is to use Chromecast to view your Ignite TV app on a larger TV screen. 

You can find the specific steps on how to do this by visiting our Casting Ignite TV with Chromecast support article.

Keep the community posted if you continue to experience issues.

RogersTony

Bratticus
I plan to stick around

Kind of a weird glitch...
And keep in mind this is being done away from home.
Error code is TVAPP-00101

On iOS devices...
You CAN cast anything in "all channels" to your tv
You CANNOT watch a show that's in "mid recording"

On Android devices...
You can ONLY cast "tv go" channels
You CAN watch a show that's "mid recording" but can't cast it

Not sure if anyone has experienced this? Rogers support keeps telling me they don't know why..

I've tried messing with location settings, battery saver, 2.4 or 5ghz wifi.. I've tried a lot. It's just so glitchy...

Topic Stats