Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

@Datalink  Please take a look at all the videos properly instead of one. and i  advise going to some of the older post from not only me but others in this thread about the issue to get a better understanding of the situation. Viewport has nothing to do with the resolution output. it can be 480p, 720p, 1080p doesn't matter, what matters is the current/optimal res. It's a none issue with rogers youtube, microsoft and sony  cdn servers.

@RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMoin

I have the same issue on for Youtube on my Samsung UN55MU6300 55-Inch 4K TV 

and on my Playstation Pro Youtube app. The Youtube app never streams fast enough to play 4k content. I usually only get 10,000 kps(10mps) down when I view the stats for nerds when I need at least 40mps to view content in 4K. This is unacceptable as I pay for 500mps unlimited package. It has been doing this for a year. My TV and Playstation both use a direct ethernet connection right to the Rogers model beside it. I have had a Rogers technician come and check the set up and they said nothing was wrong. When I test Youtube on my Mac book pro it plays 4K at 80mps download speeds and the Roger's speed test gives me 500mpsdownload speeds.  So it looks like the throttling or slow server routing happens with just the TV and playstation Youtube app.

I checked Youtube 4k on my parents TV which is the exact  same model as mine and they get 50+ mps down load speeds with Bell Fibe without issue. And they only have a 100mps  a month package.   

I have attached screenshots of the issue on both the tv app and playstation app.

Samsung 4k TV:

44984498_594345780997618_6138497031880048640_n.jpg

44974721_500924133756115_147374110475812864_n.jpg

Playstation Pro:

45054065_483483112141130_5158641904480419840_n.jpg

I've Been Here Awhile

Any update to resolving of this issue? It's been going on for months now... All my smart devices (including 2 TVs) still can't play Youtube 4K.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMoin this is still a major issue and I have not heard anything back from my post. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I really don't see rogers solving this issue, they set it up like this for a reason. Vote with your wallet and switch until they do fix it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's way beyond ridiculous my friend we are spending our hard earn dollars and trying to help them with their issues that they are short delivering back to us and they treat us like bottle on shelf.