Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

@Amdfantoronto does the Chromecast Ultra ever run at a higher rate?  I'm wondering if this is a network issue specifically with the Chromecast Ultra.  Are you running IPV6 on the modem and have you tried disabling IPV6 to determine if that makes any difference? 

Amdfantoronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it was running at over 100mbps this morning at 11am-1pm. I've also tried disabling ipv6. No difference. The speeds are being limited to 1080p level bandwidth.
alloverthemapMG
I Plan to Stick Around

Same exact issue on the PS4.

Getting tired and frustrated.

Have tried on my own router. Then on the Coda box. Then on different firmware. Changed DNS servers Nothing works.

Yet I can watch YouTube on the main PC. I refuse to accept Rogers suggestion that it is the PS4's fault as I had no issues on DSL.

Someone suggest swapping the modem but I am not sure how that will be helpful.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alloverthemapMG are you familiar with the PS4's Receive Window scaling issue?  I wonder if the same issue applies to the Youtube / PS4 combo?

alloverthemapMG
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not familiar. Do you have a link or article I can read?

All I know is that I had absolutely no issues with DSL.

Thanks!!
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alloverthemapMG have a look at some of the following google search links:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ps4+receive+window&rlz=1C1PRFI_enCA774CA774&oq=PS4+&aqs=chrome.0.69i5...

From what I remember, there should be a post or two on this subject in the gaming thread.  There is a post or a link somewhere that lays out an easy to follow procedure for setting up a proxy server on your pc to serve as the download server for the PS4.  Apparently that speeds up the downloads by a considerable amount. I'm just wondering if the same could apply to youtube videos.  

Is this issue with streaming videos, downloading videos or both? 

forcefed
I Plan to Stick Around

@alloverthemapMGwrote:

I am getting to the point of ditching Rogers and going back to my old ISP.

Only reason I came to Rogers is because of a good deal they gave me for their Gigabit internet.  Doesn't matter if I can't watch Youtube.

My download speeds are fine any time during the day/evening so I know its not speed.  Like you mentioned they are perhaps throttling Youtube traffic from certain devices?

Ditto, i called support last week and apparently they never heard of anyone having issues with youtube. I asked if it was their cache servers and they said they don't have any for youtube, i was getting tired of rolling my eyes. Should i just keep calling everyday?

test6666
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly I still have issues last weekend with 2160p and even 1440p. Different you tube servers. Buffering on my YouTube players on ruku.

alloverthemapMG
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep...same here...

Very bad lag during the weekend....Sigh

test6666
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

Anyone found a range of IPs that can be blocked to make this work better? 

How do we know it's Rogers? Is CDN owned by them?

Thanks,