cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my Rogers fiberbe updated?

aoc51
I've been here awhile

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been in a new build home for almost three years and we have both Rogers and Bell fiber coming to our house.

The Bell fiber is full speed with almost symmetric down and up but for Rogers, fiber which we currently have, it switches to coax in the house and we have the 1.5gb/50mb package.

My question would be is when will the line be updated to full speed FTTH? We’ve been in our house for almost three years and our address isn’t even in the dropdown for checking your internet service.

Is there anywhere I can escalate to ask or get more visibility on this?

Thanks!

**Added Labels**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: When will my Rogers fiberbe updated?

RogersMaude

Hey @aoc51,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

As we complete network enhancements, eligibility for our services is updated in our systems. You can visit rogers.com at any time to check availability for your address and the latest offers available for you.

Extending fibre directly to our customers’ homes requires coordination of work permits, specialized equipment, and engineering and construction work that will roll out over time to different neighbourhoods. 

If you have not been notified regarding upgrade in your area, keep in mind that we’re laying the groundwork to bring Fibre to the Home in various neighbourhoods. Someone will be in touch with you when your area is ready.

If you received a letter from Telecon Inc., you could give your consent to connect the new fibre network to your home. Give our agents a call at  1 844 760-3908 to let them know you want your address connected. 

Then, they will consult our construction schedule to let you know if and when your residence will receive Fibre to the Home. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

aoc51
I've been here awhile
Hi Maude,

Thanks for the response. We already have the Fiber line going to our home (FTTH) and have it in our basement.

My issue is that the fiber does not go into a ONT, it is converted to coax in our basement and then goes into the Rogers XB9 gateway.

Therefore we have the fiber in place but only have limited upload speeds, similar to COAX packages. My question is, are we ever going to get full fiber capabilities with Rogers or will we be limited to 50mb upload even though we already have the fiber line.

Thanks!

Hello, @aoc51.

We appreciate the additional details. The Internet service you have uses the Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) technology. Even though there is a fibre to your premises, the backend remains DOCSIS; hence, the upload speeds are not symmetrical.

However, higher than 50Mbps upload speeds are coming, please check the following threads:

Are faster upload speeds planned?

Faster uploads being offered

Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation