cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Pro 1.5G Internet and 1.5G Internet

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Is it just marketing fluff? Or actually something more included included with  PRO

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What is the difference between Pro 1.5G Internet and 1.5G Internet

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Recently, Rogers announced new speed tiers with some/many DOCSIS (Cable) Internet customers now able to get even higher download speeds and upload speeds of 200 Mbps.

As for the "Pro" designation, it looks like Rogers is now applying Ignite TV-style branding to Internet speed tiers.  In my area, they do not sell 1.5 Gigabit anymore.  We now get Starter 100 Internet, Essentials 250 Internet, Popular 500 Internet, Ultimate 1G Internet and Pro 2G Internet.  Starter 100 gets 100 Mbps upload speeds; the higher speed tiers get 200 Mbps.

The Rogers product teams have also rejigged and renamed their Ignite TV bundles.

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Thanks for the explanation.

So my current 1.5G Internet is exactly same as NEW Pro 1.5G Internet.

In my Area this is the max speed that I can get.

perineum
I've been around

While I am unable to speak to the theoretical differences between the two, I can speak to the practical differences between 1.5 and other lesser packages.  The 250 is a better service.
Whatever plan you have currently, you will forfeit stability and be locked in without recourse to a plan that in no way delivers what is promised.
"Upgraded" to 1.5 5 months ago and it has been torment and constant criticism of dissatisfaction from all family members.  Streaming on television lags and cuts out entirely. Internet connections are entirely dropped in mid online payments resulting in phone calls to credit card and vendors to ensure payment not processed.
If so inclined to frustration and being shorted on a contract where one party is in breach of commitments without recourse for the duration of the contract, then by all means, upgrade to the unreliability plan.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@perineum : The speed of your plan should have nothing to do with the stability.  Did something change in your neighbourhood or did you get a different modem/gateway?  If the latter, then it may not have the same WiFi range, especially if the position changed, even a bit.  Are you using your own router? WiFi can be affected by many factors - search the web for "slow WiFi" and read up on that.

Check out the following posts for additional information:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/New-internet-packages/m-p/530957/highlight/tru...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Slow-Speeds/m-p/510588#M75402

sirumcz
I've been around

from the description of the offer, nothing really changes tho.

• Unlimited Internet
  • Up to 1.5 Gbps download speed
  • Up to 50 Mbps upload speed

Both upstream and downstream look the same.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation