cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New internet packages

phantom1976
I plan to stick around

Rogers has quietly removed the old 1.5 Gig package in my area and replaced with 2 Gig and 200 up. Not that many ( any) apps or websites can support this but have any of you made the switch ?

***ADDED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New internet packages

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
I hope this is available in my neighbourhood. 200Mbit up still sucks but it's better than 150Mbit ever so slightly. It would be nice if Rogers actually understood the internet needs of customers and start offering packages with the same speeds up as they can provide down on this higher speed packages. These trash modems with only a single 2.5Gbit port is also pathetic for packages like this.

phantom1976
I plan to stick around

Well its not that fantastic . According to Ookla I'm pulling 439 Mpbs on a two gig line, yep I'm wired .. Upload is fine but download? Not anywhere near as sold 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phantom1976 : The first thing to do for a test is to put the equipment in a standard Rogers configuration (unbridged), without any additional routers, splitters or other equipment on your part.  Once you're in the standard configuration, you can perform a test using the Home Connect App as outlined in the link below:  This will tell you if you're getting the speed you pay for at the modem.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Test-Your-Internet-Speed-Using-the-Ignite-HomeConnect...

If you do get the speed you pay for, then you'll have to figure out what's limiting you with your equipment. 

If you're not getting the speed at the modem, then you can contact Rogers, perhaps via PM to the mods on this forum.

Edit: Ethernet ports 1, 2, 3 on the back of the Gateways (XB7, XB8) are limited to 1 Gbps download (typically 940 Mbps after overhead).  Port 4 is capable of 2.5 Gbps, however, if you're on FTTH with port 4 in use for that, then you'll need to connect to one of the other ports, which are limited to 1 Gbps each.  If you have several pieces of equipment, you can run two or three tests simultaneously and add the results - for example 940 Mbps via computer and 600 Mbps using a phone or tablet.

PS. I'm currently getting 1.9 Gbps down and 175 Mbps up on my 1.5 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up plan, with my area upgraded for 150 Mbps up. (Mac Mini M2 E10)

https://www.speedtest.net/

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation