cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load certain website(s) and or videos

digigreenrobot
I've been around

Since Rogers has been experiencing network issue the past couple days I have been unable to load Google.com or load videos on YouTube on any of my devices at home while connected to the Rogers network. 

When using mobile data (not with Rogers, with Telus) goolge's services are accessible but on wifi no dice. I've tried resetting network settings and resetting the router to no avail. Very strange issue really would like some help. 

***Edited Labels***

124 REPLIES 124

Re: Unable to load certain website(s) and or videos

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

@RogersCilio

Hi! I just noticed that my post from another thread was moved here.

I continue to be plagued with issues.

I have the CODA-4582.

Loses access to login to modem when bridged. Have to reboot.

Speeds are not good at all! I pay for 500u and can only get 100 - 120 Mbps when connected with CAT6 directly to Port #1 on the modem. The speeds keep dropping as time progresses on how long the modem is up for then has to be rebooted!

Fix this once and for all please.

I cannot try disable IPv6 as suggested since I have the modem bridged.

Please help!

Hello @Shafeen,

If you've attempted the troubleshooting suggested above, we may need to take a closer look at this and run some diagnostics for you.

When you have a chance, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps. For more information about our Private Message system, check out this page

RogersShaun

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

I have sent a PM

Hi @Shafeen!

We have responded to your PM and await your response! Let's continue our conversation there Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCorey

Just to add a few notes here.

If you are in bridged, the MODEM itself will still get an IPv6 address.. but you would want to then turn off on the router side of dishing out.  (I ran into a few with it myself).
You will need to turn of the IPv6 stuff on  your bridged router itself.

As for accessing the modem, you should still be able to get access to it, to check diagnostics like signal levels, etc.

Assuming you didn't change the IP address range, etc..
You should be able to access it via 192.168.100.1

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

Once you bridge the modem, there is no option to disable IPv6!

The modem is also not accessible at 192.168.100.1 after 48 hrs of up time. It need a reboot to access the config again!

BTW - I am on CODA firmware 2.0.10.34T6.

See all the issues here too - http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/FEEDBACK-Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/td-p...

@Shafeen, with the modem bridged, you would have to disable IPV6 in the router that you are using.  If you connect directly to the bridged modem with a pc or other device, you would have to disable IPV6 in the pc or other device.  

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

Thanks. I have disabled IPv6 on my router.

My PM's with @CommunityHelps have discovered the issue. Packet loss in the area. Waiting now for a resolution. 

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

I have PingPlotter running and can share the data if you need. Huge latency spikes and packet loss %.

@Shafeen fwiw, depending on what your testing, you can't trust Pingplotter as it can and will generate false packet loss indications.  If you happen to be testing the modem to CMTS path you will see false packet loss indications.  Any packet loss that you observe should be confirmed with another command line application.  If you don't see any packet loss when you use a command line application, then Pingplotter is indicating erroneous packet loss and this should be ignored.  

Also fwiw, testing with previous versions of firmware for the 4582 has shown packet loss to be below 0.1 % and in many cases, below 0.01%.  With any higher levels of packet loss, I would suspect an issue between the modem and the CMTS.  

What router are you using at the present time?  

VoeJ
I've been here awhile

Switched from Bell, now specific website won’t stream vids. Why?

So as the title says, I was with bell (and using the provided router) before and on a specific site, the vids would stream no problem. Never an issue. Now that I’ve switched to Rogers and use the rocket 60 specific provided router, the vids on the same site don’t load anymore.

The funny thing is, if I use a VPN and even choose a city close by (same province as me in Canada), then the vids load and play without issue. But when I use the Rogers IP, t doesn’t load. What could be the issue and is there a way to fix this?

Note: I have logged into the router and even turned off the firewall to turn off all security. Still no dice.

Help plz.

Good morning @VoeJ!

Welcome to our Community!

I hate it when a site just won't work!

May I ask what site it is that you're trying to access? I'd like to test the page from here to see if I can replicate this issue.

In the meantime, have you attempted clearing cookies/cache or tried using an alternate browser? I understand you're using the modem we provided but I also want to make sure that you don't have your own router bridged to this modem.

Please let me know!

Regards,

RogersCorey

VoeJ
I've been here awhile
Hi, I was just on with live chat and a simple factory reset of the provided modem fixed the issue. And I don’t have any other router. Just the modem Rogers provided for rocket 60 internet.

Problem resolved.

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

No one seems to bother with the issues. I need someone to come and fix this please.

Please an someone tell me if these signal strengths are ok?? My speeds are TERRIBLE!

I am getting 110/ 20 - No one is bothering to fix the issues. Why pay for 500u when you get such terrible quality and service??

Downstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDSignal noise ratio (dB)
1597000000256QAM0.900838.605
2849000000256QAM1.400238.983
3855000000256QAM1.300338.605
4861000000256QAM1.200438.605
5579000000256QAM0.600538.983
6585000000256QAM0.600638.983
7591000000256QAM0.700738.983
8303000000256QAM-1.200138.605
9603000000256QAM0.700938.983
10609000000256QAM0.9001038.605
11615000000256QAM0.8001138.983
12621000000256QAM0.9001238.983
13633000000256QAM1.5001338.983
14639000000256QAM1.6001438.983
15645000000256QAM1.9001538.983
16651000000256QAM1.8001638.983
17657000000256QAM1.9001738.983
18663000000256QAM2.3001840.366
19669000000256QAM2.2001938.983
20675000000256QAM2.2002038.983
21681000000256QAM2.7002140.366
22687000000256QAM2.7002240.366
23693000000256QAM2.4002338.983
24699000000256QAM2.6002438.983
25705000000256QAM2.3002538.983
26711000000256QAM2.4002638.983
27717000000256QAM2.4002738.983
28723000000256QAM2.4002838.605
29825000000256QAM1.5002938.983
30831000000256QAM1.0003038.983
31837000000256QAM1.7003138.605
32843000000256QAM1.3003238.983
OFDM Downstream Overview
ReceiverFFT typeSubcarr 0 Frequency(MHz)PLC lockedNCP lockedMDC1 lockedPLC power(dBmv)
0NANANONONONA
14K275600000YESYESYES-0.799999
Upstream Overview
Port IDFrequency (MHz)ModulationSignal strength (dBmV)Channel IDBandwidth
138595824ATDMA - 64QAM42.75033200000
230596000ATDMA - 64QAM39.25016400000
323700000ATDMA - 64QAM39.00026400000
OFDM/OFDMA Overview
Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K
1DISABLED0.50000.00000.0000-inf-1.00004K

VoeJ
I've been here awhile
Hi, I’d like you try something that I experienced.

First, in order to proceed, answer this question.

Do you have Rogers internet AND home phone? If the answer is yes, proceed. If answer is no, then my idea won’t work for you.

But here is the next step. If you have home phone, completely disconnect it from your system. Meaning , unplug the phone modem and remove the connection wires that go from the internet modem to the phone modem. Reboot your internet connection, meaning unplug your internet modem for 5 mins and then plug it back in. Then try the same websites that vids are not working after internet boots back up. That worked for me. Apparently the phone modem causes issues with websites for some odd reason. Well at least it did for me.

Reply when you can with results if you can try this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@VoeJ wrote:

...unplug the phone modem and remove the connection wires that go from the internet modem to the phone modem....

I don't quite understand why you say this.  The RF-coax feed to the internet modem should be the first split at the demarcation point in your home.  Often a special two-way splitter is utilized at that point one side to internet, the other side to TV/phone. The phone and TV (if applicable) should be the second splits. There should be no cable going from the internet modem to the home phone modem. I don't even know how that would work...?

I suppose there may be some sort of "feedback" from the phone modem that could cause issues, but that's a different story.  Thanks for the tip.   I don't have any issues myself, however, I do know that some people do and perhaps it's because their RF-coax is not installed appropriately as I mentioned above.

VoeJ
I've been here awhile
I know the coax doesn’t but as you said, maybe it’s some sort of interference. Whatever it is, I had the problem where vids on some sites didn’t work/load. Then after I had this stupid idea, all websites vids worked and loaded perfectly fine. It totally fixed the issue. The thing is, I got basic home phone and it’s free in my package so since I don’t use it as I only use my cell, I disconnected it completely and now all my vids work. Beats me.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@57and @VoeJ

@57 wrote:

@VoeJ wrote:

...unplug the phone modem and remove the connection wires that go from the internet modem to the phone modem....

I don't quite understand why you say this.  The RF-coax feed to the internet modem should be the first split at the demarcation point in your home.  Often a special two-way splitter is utilized at that point one side to internet, the other side to TV/phone. The phone and TV (if applicable) should be the second splits. There should be no cable going from the internet modem to the home phone modem. I don't even know how that would work...?

I suppose there may be some sort of "feedback" from the phone modem that could cause issues, but that's a different story.  Thanks for the tip.   I don't have any issues myself, however, I do know that some people do and perhaps it's because their RF-coax is not installed appropriately as I mentioned above.

I am going to guess that what @VoeJ was saying when they said, " ...unplug the phone modem and remove the connection wires that go from the internet modem to the phone modem...."
Were they were talking about the same configuration, installed by Rogers 14 years ago and never touched since in our home.  There is a single coax coming from the demark (which in my case, I don't actually have access to the customer side of the demark, as our cabling was all installed when the house was built.  Our side of the cabling goes into the demarkation box outside and the last time they were in and redid connectors as we had a bad signal, I saw the following - the single black coax coming from the ground to the box on the wall, with a 4 port splitter - 3 of our white coax cables then were connected to the splitter and fed to our three tv jacks - I asked him what if I had another jack added as at that time VIP permitted for 4 free jacks - he said, he would split the most convenient TV cable in the house to add the additional jack with a splitter.

I didn't have it done, I was just curious.

Back to the set up - from the splitter, they ran a dedicated black coax down the wall and into the basement with about 40 feet of extra cabling so I could move things around if I wanted - that I was told was a dedicated feed for the Internet, with the TV jacks - three of them being fed by individual cables from the splitter in the box.  Home phone did not exist as a product at that time.

When we had home phone installed, the installer disconnected the Internet modem cable at the modem, placed a 2 port splitter on and ran one coax to the Home phone modem and one to the Internet modem (it was a modem at that time, not gateway).  Therefore we had a Internet/Home phone split, as I think is what they were attempting to describe.

Although not mentioned here, but I will comment that all types of configurations are out there, probably some causing problems, some not.  I have neighbours I have talked to who have TV and Internet on the same line and indicate no issues with signals and the one neighbour is a network engineer for a major provider and he has the tools to test signals and he even showed me that there was no difference for his house in either set up TV/Internet, or Internet/Home Phone Modems because I was curious as the original tech said that the Internet feed had to be separate from TV feeds.

So in the description made earlier of disconnecting the home phone modem, I suspect what was being said, is disconnect the home phone coax from the splitter that feeds their Internet and home phone modem, and either they left the splitter there, or removed it and took the cable directly to the internet modem.  Makes me wonder if there was an issue in the patch cables from splitter to modems, or the splitter itself.

As for what is correct or what should or should not be, I only know what is. In my case, I meet the first should - seperate TV and Internet, from locked demark box from splitter in that locked box.  although neighbours are running otherwise. In my case as mentioned above,

But in our case, the home phone is running off a secondary splitter, about 10 feet from the Internet Gateway, modem in the past.  And it works.  It has always been that way, and never had an issue - and no, the cable from the internet modem does not come from the modem, it comes from a secondary splitter that feeds both Internet and home phone modems.

Now as to impact of the home phone on the Internet, not sure why, unless there was some signal strength issues on that line in the first place, a bad splitter or some other reason, but we have never in 14 years had an issue with Internet and Home phone being fed from the single coax, to splitter to Home phone modem, and to Internet modem.

Except when they decided to go with gateways and then Hitron, and then I had WI-FI issues and until I fried my router, I just went bridge. That is a different story.

If you aren't using the home phone, speak to them and get it dropped, you are paying about 12.00 per month for it in most packages.

So in summary, haven't got a clue given my experience why your home phone modem would interfere with Internet, but if it improved when you removed it, maybe it was the splitter, or a bad coax patch cable to one of the modems, but definitely as you describe, it improved once you pulled it out. Whether this is a correct connection configuration, I can't comment on, except I have never had any issues with Internet/home phone split off same feed, or Internet/TV off the same feed, and yes, the first split is Internet one line, then TV 3 lines, and then home phone was added to the Internet feed line with a splitter.

The reality is that each service is running down dedicated channels, but there could be signal issues, or feedback issues if there are issues with the cabling itself or the splitter, or connectors.

Bruce

I want to pay my rogers bill on the rogers app. But it will not let me sign into my account :s
When I input my username/password it gives me a notice saying "something went wrong we're working to fix this as soon as possible, please check back later."
This issue has been going on for weeks! Is their anyway to solve this problem.

@Marshalllynn: This pop-up comes up sometimes for people and it may be related to your cookies or history or cache.  As indicated in the following link, when I cleared all my Rogers-related cookies and my cache, I was then able to sign in.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/421...

The particular problem was with the forum, but it also applies to other Rogers logins.

Here are additional tips that we summarized in a different thread to cover most eventualities:

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings.

2. Make sure you don't have the pop-up blocker enabled.

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled.

4. Try a different browser.

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above.

6. Try using Incognito Mode in Chrome as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues.

7. Try clearing cookies and reboot your PC

CHAO2019
I've been around

I have an issue that my Rogers Home Internet cannot get access to certain websites but they can be entered by my cell phone data(Rogers) and in the other places(like Tim Hortons, Toronto Lib). I called the tech groups and they gave me an issue ticket number and solve the problem in 2 hours. However, the same issue arose in the next day. 

So, I would like to ask whether the other Rogers user happened to this kind issue. If so, please give me some advice how should I do. Thanks anyway.

The websites that cannot be connected are:

pan.baidu.com

www.qbb6.com

Topic Stats