cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

Bilottag
I've been here awhile

Trying to set up my Rogers e-mail account on Outloook Mobile on Android.

Went to Member Centre, chose Account Information then Authorized Applications.
Clicked Add Another, Named it and clicked Generate.  Keep getting error: Rogers App Error.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

123 REPLIES 123

Re: Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

PerryCS-2023
I've been here awhile

Hey there,

Using webmail on a tablet or phone is exceptionally hard for some people.  Also, it defeats the whole reason for the APP passwords anyways (security).

I currently have some customers on Webmail but webmail is severely lacking when you have lots of emails.  Try going to email 5,000.   Next page (loads 50 more emails), Next page (loads 50 more emails), Next page (do that for 20 min)  It's not viable.

Of course, for people like myself, I can get around on anything.  Embed my Rogers email into my company website if I wanted to... but, for most people it's hard enough to click an email icon than to explain to them... go into the teeny tiny browser you can barely see anything on... and sign into your email account, and check your emails that way on this tiny screen that barely fits anything on it.

They need to fix this... personally, if I was being paranoid and distrusting of big companies... one MIGHT think they are doing this on purpose so people use webmail... you know, where there are advertisements... and they make money off webmail... they don't make any money off APPs that check email...

Ya never know... especially these days... LOL!

Or, it could be gross incompetence either on Yahoo's servers, or in Rogers servers.  It's an easy thing to reproduce...  has anyone even looked at the programming for that part of the website?  I mean, you click a button, it generates a code, it saves it in a database, and puts it on your screen.

If THAT doesn't work... it's SUPER easy to fix.  It's VERY specific.  It's very localized.  It's very simple code.

So, why this is taking so long is not looking good for Rogers and Yahoo has always been bad anyways for years.  Lookup online yahoo being hacked, their servers are swiss cheese for security.  

Let's hope this gets fixed.  I need to cross some customers off my list....   

@PerryCS-2023 wrote:

1. Using webmail on a tablet or phone is exceptionally hard for some people.  

2. I currently have some customers on Webmail but webmail is severely lacking when you have lots of emails.  Try going to email 5,000.   

3. Next page (loads 50 more emails), Next page (loads 50 more emails), Next page (do that for 20 min)  It's not viable.

1.  That's why it's only suggested as a workaround until this gets sorted.

2. Having that many e-mails in a single folder is just silly, especially in a phone or tablet.

3. Use the scroll bar.  Gets you there in seconds.

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello PerryCS-2023. Thank you for your posts re this ongoing problem with Rogers Yahoo. Would it help if we were to continue phoning Rogers "support" daily and perhaps contacting the president's office? Perhaps Rogers will be so fed up with our never ending requests, pleadings-whatever-that they'll just fix the problem so that we'll go away?

eugenios
I plan to stick around

Still not working....

As of today 03/24/23 this garbage that was supposed to secure your email is still not working. I guess Rogers idea of securing you email is not allowing you to get to your email at all.

Rogers acct does not work on Outlook 2019 Desktop.

For the past 4-5 weeks my Outlook (2019) continues to prompt me for passwords. I DO NOT want to use the web based messaging app. Upon going to my account i found out all my generated passwords, which i used to update the Outlook setting passwords have disappeared. On trying to regenerate the password, it pops up a message 'Sorry we have a problem at our end. Please try later'. I have called tech support 4 times in the last 3 weeks, and i end up with they cannot do anything as the Server is down. REALLY!!!. A large company who cannot fix a system they created in more than 4 weeks?. 

If anyone has a solution other than using the web based mail, please let me know. 

OR if others are having the same issue, lets make some noise to have them create a solution

chdiamo1

Sorry that you too are having this very same problem so many of us have had for THREE weeks and continue to have. Rogers is blaming Yahoo for the problem. Rogers does not appear to care if their password generator works or doesn't. My suggestion is to drop Rogers.

rbdvproductions
I plan to stick around

This is a real joke and I have had this problem for over 3 weeks as well, maybe 4 weeks. Rogers is again proving they don't have qualified senior management and executives to control their tech offerings for their clients. They clearly lack the tech staff, expertise and motivation to solve rather simple long standing problems on key services they offer. They claim to be #1....that's a farce. Where they should be the strongest is in their ability to deliver consistent service or repair issues immediately, they just fall flat on their face. Like mentioned earlier, they didn't even mention to us through a communication that states the problem they are having to start with. This is either a lack of understanding what their systems, don't really care what customers think or simply don't have the skills and management to effectively diagnose this problem and implement steps to get it fixed promptly. We understand things happen, but the true test of a quality service provider is to have such problems infrequently and when they do happen, let your customers know immediately and fix the problem effectively immediately. Instead their executives and senior managers decided the best thing to do is not tell their customers and for their customers to tie up all their on line help staff and resources instead so a tremendous amount of confusion and anger would result. As soon as my 2 year commitment contract with Rogers ends in November, I will take my business to another provider for sure. Rogers is my highest monthly bill paying for a several family phones, unlimited internet, top cable packages etc... so my 25 year dedication to Rogers will be over.       

I think the best way to get Rogers to respond to getting this resolved or removing the requirement for an app password for your mail is to get on social media Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and let everyone know how bad the service from Rogers is in  addressing this issue.

This community is just pacifying the people because there no solution offered here.

chdiamo1
My cousin is with Cox in the U.S. He is not receiving emails from many of his friends. Cox is bouncing emails from certain domains, some of which appear to be Yahoo domains. So, if millions of U.S. Cox customers can’t get their emails from people using Yahoo domains, those Yahoo servers generating One Time Applications might start working a lot sooner than anything we might do here in the colony! I certainly hope so!

mohant1
I've been here awhile

same here unable to get Rogers to sort out the issue for the past 3 weeks

sorry state here

dodo5
I've been here awhile
At least tell us if it's truly dead, so we can move on with our lives. I've been using outlook with Rogers email for about 20 years and have had some downs before but this has to be the last straw.

ATP13
I plan to stick around

I did just that today on Facebook.

Hmm - Twitter next maybe.

ATP13
I plan to stick around

April 3 at 1:00pm both my Outlook 365 on Win10 PC, and Hub on my Android Samsung quit working for my @rogers email.  - asking for password.

Password generator does not work - Rogers tech support knows this issue. Solution they offered was to use webmail....

On my cellphone was able to use the Samsung Email app - this works for Rogers, but is now a separate app I need to use. No solution for desktop. (although I may have to start using the next to useless Macbook as i manged to get Outlook to work with Rogers email).

What a sad state of tech.

gmmorris
I've been here awhile

Another user here who has been locked out of their Rogers/Yahoo account through Outlook. After doing a bit of sleuthing, it appears that the generator outage may be related to some kind of security breach described in a post on reddit. A text chat with a Rogers agent (the second, after the first just hung up - interesting form of customer service) indicates there is still no ETA of an updated generator. The lack of information from Rogers is, as usual, palpable and intolerable.

chdiamo1

The problem is this. Rogers knows that there's very little-if anything-that its customers can or will do about this, other than complain. Perhaps the CRTC, the federal regulator, needs to step in and get this problem fixed.

As of May 1st, 2023 I got locked out of the outlook and am unable to create an app password.  Rogers keeps telling me that they are fixing it but nothing has been done yet.

I noticed that several people have posted in March and April with the same problem.  Has rogers fixed your issue with outlook and have you been able to create an app since you posted?  just wondering if rogers is doing anything about this issue or are they just giving us the run around.

Nope. Nothing fixed yet.

They keep telling us that we can use Webmail or setup using the Yahoo App.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, very sad that after about 10 weeks we still are no closer to a resolution...  At my age I'm pretty patient, but this is not acceptable. 

wasapppp
I'm here a lot

Who has been deleting entries made to this blog???? There were 7+ pages last week now there are only 2 pages

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

This problem has been around for over two months and Rogers seems to be in no hurry to fix it. I also had a call from them with zero answers. I am sick and tired of Yahoo and I that think this is their problem. They need to get rid of any ties to Yahoo as it is useless and hacked so often that it is now dangerous. Wake up Rogers.

Topic Stats