Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Thanks for at least letting us know.

I too have PM'd a mod who responded back. He asked me lots of questions which was fine and mentioned he would escalate a ticket for me. I'll post when he confirms that he's done that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah they issued a ticket for me after grumily saying there was nothing they could do and that it was my issue not theirs....
That was last wednesday....not heard anything since.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like they are not escalating a ticket for me after all.

Having this older and established email with Rogers was the only reason I resisted switching companies for years. Since it's no good to me anymore, I can shop around now and be open to other deals. Still frustrating that I had to go to these lengths and being told it's my computer (like so many on here), when the evidence doesn't support that.

If anyone has a more current email client, try PMing a mod here and ask for a ticket. That might at least get their attention, although above hasn't heard anything in almost a week.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This isn't conclusive evidence but it does seem plausible that yahoo is aware of the issue and it may have to do with older clients being blocked from the ports (995,465, 587)

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fix-pop-imap-client-sending-receiving-issues-sln3792.html

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems that Yahoo is saying that if our email client settings are correct, and that if we don't have any firewalls or antivirus software interfering, that it could be that Rogers is blocking the ports you mentioned above, or that Rogers has a problem with the APP they are giving us to run these email clients.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

here's an ATT issue right about the same time we had issues with the SMTP server!!!!!!!
Again they are on Yahoo!!!!! Carbon copy
Coincidence? I think not!!!
https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-account/smtpmailyahoocom-stopped-allowing-mail-to-...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah then it looks like it is a problem on Yahoo's side. If we at Rogers were having the exact same issue as someone at AT&T, who had the send email problem using an older email client and went through all of the troubleshooting we did,  then the commonality is Yahoo.

How do we contact them? Can we, or do the ISPs have to (Rogers,AT&T) ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since we are Rogers customers, we should be contacting Rogers.  I suggest another PM to @CommunityHelps. If we don't get it resolved there, I suggest OOTP as a next step.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

You can either copy or point to my earlier summary post (14).

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/461343#M60978

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Many of us have already tried PMing the mods here so not sure what that will accomplish to do so again.

I just shared a concern, so hope that will result in something.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Shared a concern and pointed out this thread and the post by Re57 and the Yahoo link.

They asked me to create an app password. So, no help there. Anyone else get anywhere?