Losing IPv6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Losing IPv6

Hello,

Can some one help?  My IPv6 disappears after about 5 to 10 minutes.  When I reboot the modem or the computer, it comes back then disappears!   It still shows I have 2 addresses on my WAN page, but all the IPv6 test sites show no IPv6 connectivity.     Thank you.

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Losing IPv6

Thanks @Square for the feedback.

Did you experience this on 34T6?

I'd like to roll you back to 34T6 to see if the issue is still present to validate if it's firmware specific or v6 in general.

Can you pm me when we could do this?

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@Square
Was that in Gateway mode or Bridge? I’m not experiencing any v6 issues in bridge I have a /56.

Thank you for the replies.  I'm on the AC 4.5.8.38T5 firmware.  I have my modem in gateway, on the modem page I have IPv6, but when I check out the IPv6 test web page, the results appear from having IPv6 to no IPv6 after about 1 hour.  Thank you.

Yes, still losing IPv6 after 1 hour.  Must be my computer, when I reboot the computer this test site http://ipv6-test.com/  shows all is well, then after 1 hour, IPv6 has failed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Square, after 1 hour, when the pc loses its IPV6 address, if you log into the modem to check the WAN address on the STATUS page which is displayed on logging into the modem, does the modem still show an IPV6 address?  There should be two addresses in that WAN Address field in the upper right hand corner, an IPV4 and IPV6 address.  Do other devices still have an IPV6 address after that 1 hour point. 

You can adjust the time that Windows allows the temporary IPV6 addresses to run, but, upon expiration of that time, I believe that a new temporary IPV6 address should be generated.  I'll have to look that up again, but, for now, just wondering if the modem itself is still showing an IPV6 address.  

Thank you for the reply.   Yes, the modem status shows 2 addresses even after 1 hour.  I just checked on my Chromebook and the IPv6 test web page also shows no IPv6 is supported.  When I reboot the modem and or the computer I receive this failure after 1 hour.

Thank you to Rogers Social Media support team of Anjali and Krista for fixing this issue for me!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Square do you happen to know what was done to fix the problem?

Could not  believe  that all it took was a modem exchange!   First Anjali ran some tests, the signals were good, so he mentioned that IPv6 should be working and I should exchange the modem.   Krista helped me by letting me know the modem that was compatible with my plan.   Exchanged my CGN3ACSMR modem to the CGN3ROG modem and have not lost IPv6 today at all.