cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Today I've been seeing occasional "Error 150" issues using Outlook for Mac 2011, but this time only for receiving e-mails, not for sending.  The issue affects individual e-mail addresses. After a few hours the issue goes away, so perhaps this is some sort of work in progress...

*** Edited Labels ***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: Unable to Receive Emails on Outlook

DaHammerman
I plan to stick around

IT's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

As of 930 this morning. ALL my email accounts via Outlook have been blocked. Webmail and Mobile working.

Come on!!!!! Rogers....What is going on>?
broken, fixed, broken, fixed, broken again 

DaHammerman
I plan to stick around

About a month ago many of us here complained we couldn't send email through Outlook and other clients.
Everything was configured properly but nope. Couldn't log on to send. Could recieve not send.
Rogers tech support swore up and down it wasn't their issue. Must be your computer.a

Suddenly after some noise here it was fixed. No acknowledgement of an issue.
Then, a week later it broke again. Same response. It's your problem, not ours.
Noise here. And then it was fixed. Again, no acknowledgement.

Now I can send via Outlook but suddenly halfway through my morning I can't log on and get my mail from rogers/yahoo's servers
And again, it's my issue. Not there.
Can we get a little honesty around here? PLease.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DaHammerman : As mentioned in post 60 of this thread, I'm having the same problem, however, for me I'm able to receive e-mails on Outlook about half the time I start the Outlook app and not all of my e-mails are always affected, sometimes it's only one or two, sometimes 3, sometimes 4.

Let's hope they're doing something at their end regarding the "receive" portion for a more permanent fix, since it appears that the "send" portion is working (now)...

PS. No need to start a new thread when this existing one is available.

KWBob
I'm here a lot
Outlook on MacBook no longer connecting to Rogers. 
I'm getting an "Unknown Error has occurred in Outlook" message every time I try to fetch my Rogers email. The message "Connecting securely to pop.broadband.rogers.com" appears and then after a couple minutes the unknown error appears. This started intermittently a couple days ago and has been constant since yesterday. I'm on a MacBook running Outlook Mac  2011(O/S & app patches up to date on Mac and Outlook). Only happens with my Rogers email account (gmail and other email comes through just fine), and no changes were made to anything on the MacBook in the last several weeks (& Rogers email does appear ok on my other devices that aren't using Outlook).  Recreated email account many times, no go; help!

*** Edited Labels ***

japples
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Yeah I have the unable to "receive" now as well. I can send though. It was the reverse last month.

This is frustrating.

It worked fine this morning. I closed down Outlook Express when I was done and then re-opened it an hour later and then had the problem.  It seems as long as it was open (and it had been for over a week straight) that it would work. But as soon as I closed it and then opened it again I lost the working connection to the Yahoo server ( a guess) I had and couldn't re-establish it due to the problem.

Meaning the fact that I had already established a connection in the past, while there wasn't a problem meant I could stay connected to it, and use Outlook Express normally, even though a problem currently exists.  I was connected to the server via the older, working settings at Rogers/Yahoo. But when I try to establish a new connection I can't because I'm trying to while the current problem exists.

Rogers, please fix this asap.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How is outlook set up on the Mac?

Obviously its set to POP. 
But with the user name and password.
Obviously set for your rogers email address, but what password?
Or have you set up the APP password for specific devices?

KWBob
I'm here a lot

Set up with an App password from Rogers which is copied and pasted into Outlook. Have reset it several times but that appears to not be the problem.

KWBob
I'm here a lot

Thanks for following up ... And yes to your other questions - it is set to POP, using Rogers email address. This configuration has worked for ages so I'm wondering if something changed at Rogers end this week. The error appeared a couple times on Monday but worked other times with no changes made by me. Then yesterday it stopped entirely and hasn't worked since although I have tried resetting pwd's, deleting nd recreating the Outlook account, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please PM the mods here so that they can get this issue resolved like they did several weeks ago.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

japples
I plan to stick around

PM sent.

japples
I plan to stick around

24 hours now for me. I know it's more than 48 for some of you.

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the problem [not able to receive emails] intermittently or is it flat out not working 100% of the time?

I remember Wednesday at one point that my Outlook Express suddenly showed an "error" and then it took a couple of minutes to be able to receive emails again. I thought it was a temporary glitch at the time but now see it was a symptom of this problem.

KWBob
I'm here a lot
This is day 3 for me; flat out not working.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like this problem now has its own thread (one of my earlier posts in this thread now "points to a non-existent post). Here are my comments:

1. The problem started about a month ago in early April (April 3?) with not being able to send messages on my Outlook for Mac 2011.

2. After significant back and forth with Rogers Moderators here and with Technical Support by phone, that send issue was resolved for me around April 10.

3. Earlier this week - around April 28 I saw that some of my e-mails were not able to receive e-mails with the same error message as before, except "Unable to Receive, Error 150", instead of "send" as indicated above.

4. Since April 29, the issue has been permanent and all of my e-mail addresses can no longer receive (on Outlook for Mac 2011.  Webmail works.

5. I PM'd the mods here and they issued a ticket.  I received an automated call back a couple of hours later saying that they had tested and everything was fine at their end.  Isn't it always the way. 😢

6. I then PM'd the mods here again and restated that the problem is still there and that it may be due to specific (older) e-mail clients, like my Outlook for Mac 2011.  They probably tested with the most recent version, or Outlook 2016, etc.  They have re-opened the ticket.

7.  Since they were able to solve the "send" problem around April 10, they should be able to track down and solve the "receive" problem we are now encountering.  It really bugs me (and probably you too) is that Yahoo/Rogers makes a change, yet we have to spend hours and hours troubleshooting to get our e-mail clients working again.  I would have thought this "receive" issue would be easy to solve in light of the earlier "send" problem, but probably the same people are not involved, so we have to start over...

8 Here's a link to the previous thread discussing the "send" problem:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Verify-Send-only-Email-Addresses/m-p/459697...

...Waiting for a resolution.

It would have been wonderful to know what the problem was originally so that we could point to it, but that information doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

japples
I plan to stick around

Hi Re57.

Thanks for that recap. It's detailed and valuable information to give to the techs working on the problem. I really hope that whoever is working on it now is able to read what you just wrote, so that they can go back and check what work was done at the beginning of April. It's now a matter of the mods here pointing out this thread and your post above specifically to them.

Did you PM the mods with that detailed account of the problem recently?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, that information was PM'd, but what went to the Backend is beyond my control.

japples
I plan to stick around

Still nothing.

Do they work weekends? Mods, any tickets sent in to the techs?

brynaugust
I've been here awhile

Three weeks ago, many of us couldn't send emails, now we can't receive them.  Just what is going on?  If the system is working, perhaps Rogers' technical staff should just leave it alone.  Whatever changes they're making are of no help at all to we subscribers who grow more frustrated by the day when the service we pay big bucks for quits working.                   

japples
I plan to stick around

Monday morning .... still nothing.

Mods can you give us an update please? There are more of us now (see post above) who have this issue. It's been almost a week for some of us here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got the following e-mail from Rogers this morning on this topic:

Just wondering if you had received the answer you needed. If so, you should let the Rogers Community Forums know so that the answer can help other members.

As mentioned in the posts above, the problem is still there. Cannot receive e-mails using Outlook for Mac 2011.  Rogers, remember that for everyone posting here, there are probably tens or hundreds or people who have the problem but are searching for answers elsewhere, or have abandoned their e-mail client.

The summery post in post 14 of this thread - link below, should be enough for a technician at "Backend" to solve the problem:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/461343#M60978

japples
I plan to stick around

Thanks for at least letting us know.

I too have PM'd a mod who responded back. He asked me lots of questions which was fine and mentioned he would escalate a ticket for me. I'll post when he confirms that he's done that.

Topic Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 in conversation