Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

@Gagee1 wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue as well and I am still on Software  version CGM4140COM_3.14p10s5_PROD_sey.  Are you still on this version as well. I wonder when they will be pushing the new firmware. 

My XB6 has not been updated yet either.  Updates are staged, starting with a small number of people at first.  If no problems or regressions are found during the initial roll-out, more and more people will get updated in batches over time.

It looks like they have already started the process.  Maybe we will get the new firmware tomorrow.  Maybe Rogers is tracking new problems and has temporarily halted the roll-out.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit)

Great thanks for responding. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope we get this firmware update. I'm getting speeds as low as ~300 mbps :(. 

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi All and thanks for your patience with this issue.

We had a fix in hand in 4.0p7s1 but a new issue was identified for devices in bridge mode so the code was rolled back.

We're now expecting this to be included in the BCM 18.3 SDK update and the current target version is in a 4.2 release. We don't have a release date yet but as soon as we do I'll share it here.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, in case you didn't see this post in the other thread:

@RogersGordon wrote:

Good Morning All,

It looks like the fix for this issue has been pulled forward into 4.0p12s1. Most of the modems will have downloaded the firmware last night but may require a reboot to load the new build. We'll be validating the fix in the lab but would also appreciate any feedback from the community regarding the occurrence (or non-occurrence) of this issue on 4.0p12s1.

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Looks like the new firmware fixed the issue. I have done a few speeds test and they are consistently in the 900’s.