cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower speeds on a Windows PC, other devices are fine.

Dugath
I plan to stick around

I would normally get between 220-250 download from speed tests on my PC, with the 500 plan. Got the 1G plan and my PC  speed never changed. Using the same Cat6 cable, same port on the modem I can get over 900Mbps on my wifs laptop. My Xbox tests in at high 700 to 800, granted not the same speed test.

I made sure the adapter settings where the same for the PC and Laptop. I even bought a network card to try that over the on board LAN. No change.

Laptop

laptopspeed.PNG

PC

pc speed test.PNG

Pc is connected at 1Gbit, as I said adapter settings are the same as they are on the laptop.

I thought maybe it is something in the BIOS but I could not see anything, I am stumped and frustrated as beyond belief.

***Added Labels***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Slower speeds on a Windows PC, other devices are fine.

Hi,  I was previously on Rogers 150 digital pkg, and just updated to Ignite 150 today.  WiFi on IOS devices exceeded the 150 speed but the Windows PC's all lagged behind at the 20-24 Mbps speed.   I followed these instructions and I am receiving full 150 speeds on WIFi- Issue solved- Thank You!

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Nice to see other users / customers are still able to find the thread.  It would be even better if Windows updates stopped nuking the autotuning setting. 

Congrats 🙂

frantstc
I've been around

Thanks so much man! This worked great - went from 50mbps up to 700mbps after disabling and renabling this "Window Auto-Tuning" setting. Thank you!!

Hello, @frantstc.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for trying the suggested solution and updating the Community about its success. 

We appreciate your contribution!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 24 Likes
  • 8 in conversation