cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers email spam filter

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello community. In the last ~2 weeks, I’ve been getting a ton of spam sent to my Rogers mailbox…anywhere from 5-10 per day. Prior to these last 2 weeks, I wasn’t getting any spam at all. Does anyone know if Rogers changed their spam filtering settings recently? And no, I haven’t changed anything on my end nor did I subscribe to anything using my email address 🙂

*** Edited Labels ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers email spam filter

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor
I think there has been an increase in spam. I do not use the rogers email address but on my Gmail, I am seeing more there and Google has really good filters.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed : I assume you're talking about Webmail?  I have not seen an increase in spam in my Rogers/Yahoo e-mail.  I have not seen any spam go into my inbox there in several years. Their filter has become very good.  I sometimes get suspected spam going into my spam folder on Webmail. Sometimes it's real spam, sometimes its a "real" e-mail from a new business I've just dealt with. I probably see about 2 of these in total per month.  When I use Outlook client on my computer, I never see spam because any spam stays in Webmail (spam folder) or is filtered before getting to Webmail.  (We have 5 e-mail addresses at Rogers/Yahoo for various purposes)

@Don_Ca : You're right about Gmail.  I have never seen any spam there, although that e-mail is mainly a backup for me.

ve3tej
I'm Here A Lot

Yes something has changed in the last few days.

In outlook , my bulk folder is  getting a lot of junk mail that I never got before.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you go into Webmail (which you should be doing once in a while to check for real e-mail in the spam folder) do you open the spam e-mail in your inbox and click the "spam" button at the top?  This helps Rogers/Yahoo with their algorithms and moves that e-mail from the inbox to spam, so it shouldn't be seen in Outlook.

Tallgirl
I've Been Around
I have also noticed a significant increase in my spam email in the past month. Most of this would have been filtered out in the past. I am also receiving 5-10 spam emails a day. In the past it was more like 1-2 a month at the very most.