cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers email spam filter

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello community. In the last ~2 weeks, I’ve been getting a ton of spam sent to my Rogers mailbox…anywhere from 5-10 per day. Prior to these last 2 weeks, I wasn’t getting any spam at all. Does anyone know if Rogers changed their spam filtering settings recently? And no, I haven’t changed anything on my end nor did I subscribe to anything using my email address 🙂

*** Edited Labels ***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rogers email spam filter

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor
I think there has been an increase in spam. I do not use the rogers email address but on my Gmail, I am seeing more there and Google has really good filters.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed : I assume you're talking about Webmail?  I have not seen an increase in spam in my Rogers/Yahoo e-mail.  I have not seen any spam go into my inbox there in several years. Their filter has become very good.  I sometimes get suspected spam going into my spam folder on Webmail. Sometimes it's real spam, sometimes its a "real" e-mail from a new business I've just dealt with. I probably see about 2 of these in total per month.  When I use Outlook client on my computer, I never see spam because any spam stays in Webmail (spam folder) or is filtered before getting to Webmail.  (We have 5 e-mail addresses at Rogers/Yahoo for various purposes)

@Don_Ca : You're right about Gmail.  I have never seen any spam there, although that e-mail is mainly a backup for me.

ve3tej
I'm Here A Lot

Yes something has changed in the last few days.

In outlook , my bulk folder is  getting a lot of junk mail that I never got before.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you go into Webmail (which you should be doing once in a while to check for real e-mail in the spam folder) do you open the spam e-mail in your inbox and click the "spam" button at the top?  This helps Rogers/Yahoo with their algorithms and moves that e-mail from the inbox to spam, so it shouldn't be seen in Outlook.

Tallgirl
I've Been Around
I have also noticed a significant increase in my spam email in the past month. Most of this would have been filtered out in the past. I am also receiving 5-10 spam emails a day. In the past it was more like 1-2 a month at the very most.

jhunter
I'm Here A Lot

I have also seen a large number of spam to two of my rogers accounts.  Same as others.  5-10 per day now. Something definitely changed a month or two ago.  They may all be from the same sender.  Just randomly generated it seems.  Marking them as SPAM does NOTHING!  I'm pretty close to getting rid of these two email accounts for good which was the last thing keeping me on Rogers Internet...

cfillion1
I Plan to Stick Around

Have you ever found an answer to this? I've been using Rogers/Yahoo for 15 years and i have *never* seen spam like this. And it's on both my @rogers (main) account and my @ yahoo.ca account. I mark each one as spam without opening, but they are relentless and always from a different 'sender' so flagging them does nothing.

I haven't used these email addresses for anything funky - i have throwaways for that. Something absolutely changed. I, too, am about ready to delete these email addresses. I saw a response above saying there is a general increase in spam, but nothing is getting through the gmail filters. It's a Rogers/Yahoo problem.

This is today alone, so far. There will be the same amount again by this evening.

spm.png