Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hello @gennadiv,

We've replied to your PM via @CommunityHelps. Please check your inbox next time you're online.

Happy New Year 🙂

RogersCilio

I've been here awhile
I would like to participate in the Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial.

The firmware currently running is 2.0.10.28T2

I need at least 2.0.10.29 to use special characters in WIFI password

The newer the better. Is 2.0.010.33 available?

Thanks!

@70869413 have a look at this post from the previous page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p/404960#M4...

That post contains instructions to request the latest trial firmware and participate in the trial firmware program.

Hello, @70869413

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your interest in the modem firmware trial. I see you have already messaged CommunityHelps and we have responded with the follow-up step to get the firmware. Once we get all the required information, your modem shall receive the latest firmware version available within seven business days. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Mythen
I plan to stick around

So I find myself at a crossroads.

I will be moving unexpectedly this month.  Also by moving it will put me in a Bell fibe area.  Last week or so has been brutal for lag spikes.  I called tech support today and a ticket was sent to tier 2 to look at noise on the line.  I am not holding out any hope that this will be fixed.  I made some calls and Rogers can't even match bells current promo offers in Newfoundland.  

Looks like I am switching unless someone important is looking at this post and does something to help Rogers customers in Newfoundland

Thanks Everyone

Mythen

Hello @Mythen,

Dealing with PING spikes and noise interference in your area is never a good experience. I know how disruptive this can be especially if you are into Online Gaming and need a stable connection.  =(

We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer. We will be happy to see what options we have available that could be a match for what Bell is offering. I am confident now that Tier 2 is investigating this matter they will be able to find a solution.

In regards to matching the offer from Bell, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look at this. For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

I am also in Newfoundland.... have the Coda modem and the 1 Gbps package. On rogers speed test I get around 600 Mbps. I have escalated this as far as it can go... I spoke with the Office of the president. He arranged for yet another tech visit but with His manager. they show up today and test the speeds on the tech Laptop. He gets around 500 Mbps. now its my turn, I get around 600 Mbps on my PC. Then they decide to do both at the same time. I get around 600 Mbps again and he gets around 500 Mbps. They add the two results together and tell me that I am getting what I am paying for........... REALLY???????

OH Forget to mention, FIBE IS in my area.

Thanks Rogers

savuser12
I plan to stick around
Just got Coda4582 upgrade and I am on 28T2 firmware it’s not upgrading to the latest network firmware of 33T3 I don’t want to take part in beta firmware trial I just need the latest network firmware pushed on my modem

28T2 is the latest network wide release, there was issues with 33T3 so it's not being deployed network wide. 

I’m on 33T3 I don’t get any issues...what issues are u guys talking about?

savuser12
I plan to stick around
So I would not get the 33 firmware automatically since its not network wide?

If that’s the case can someone manually push an update to my modem.

DeMen
I'm here a lot

I've the latest firmware installed on my Hitron CODA 4582U which is 2.0.10.34T6  My computer is wired directly to the modem, however it never reaches the desirable speed of 500Mbs (which is half of the advertised speed). Is there anything that I can do to improve the speed? After rebooting the modem this is what I got after using speed.test.net: 

PING
9ms
 DOWNLOAD
165.73Mbps

UPLOAD
32.88Mbps
Thanks.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@DeMen wrote:

I've the latest firmware installed on my Hitron CODA 4582U which is 2.0.10.34T6  My computer is wired directly to the modem, however it never reaches the desirable speed of 500Mbs (which is half of the advertised speed). Is there anything that I can do to improve the speed? After rebooting the modem this is what I got after using speed.test.net: 

PING
9ms
 DOWNLOAD
165.73Mbps

UPLOAD
32.88Mbps
Thanks.

Can you log in to the modem and post the DOCSIS WAN Page, I would like to see your signal levels. It could be poor signal levels, noise, or the modem isn't provisioned properly.

User1445713
I plan to stick around

I'm on Gigabit account and I can get 950Mbps to New York City on speedtest.net

There are couple conditions for this to work. I'm using new Dell XPS 13 small, thin laptop without wired LAN port. I have 4 USB to Gigabit devices. 2 of those simple USB 3.0 to Gigabit can't exceed 350Mbps speed on LAN and Internet. The other 2 (original Dell USB 3.1 type C to HDMI, USB 3.0, Gigabit) and (USB 3.0 to 3 x USB 3.0 hub / Gigabit) work fine with Gigabit speeds on LAN and Internet. All 4 of them have the same chip from Realtek. Just to keep in mind that not all Gigabit network adapters are equal.

Second part is the browser. I can only see the top speeds using Microsoft Windows 10 Edge browser. Don't know if some plugins or something else is causing lower speed but to see 950Mbps on "speedtest.net" I need to use Edge browser.

I hope this helps a bit for some in order to debug the speed related issues and separate signal quality from Rogers cable form CODA issues and down to computer performance.

Markbalz
I've been around
I'd like to take part, for the past month my pings gone insane and latency has been an issue, currently the whole of my home internet has been down for a week and nothing's been done

DeMen
I'm here a lot
I can't post the DOCSIS WAN page through the Rogers Community according to the Rules and Regulations. My best speed so far is DOWNLOAD 365.16 UPLOAD 31.97 PING 10, any ideas?

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

I am on the 1gb package Cat 6 direct connect to Coda modem with a 1gb ethernet card on my Pc, I get 500mb download speed on speedtest.net. The Tech connects his laptop to the modem, he gets 500 mb down. Then we both do the test at the same time.... we both get approx. 500mb each. He then tells me there you go, that's approx 1GB, so you are getting the speed for what you pay for. HMMMM so If I connect 3 devices and get approx 500MB each I will be getting approx 1.5 gb down. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE ROGERS.... THANKS for all that great speed I can achieve by adding more devices............

Len3
I've been here awhile
Rogers Rocket Modem Firmware trial.

MsKimberley
I've been around

I am interested. Please respond with all details and options.

Good morning @MsKimberley!

Welcome to our Community!

I'm happy to hear you're interested in the trial. Please read the very first page of this thread for sign up instructions.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

X-Nemesis
I plan to stick around

Looking forward to trying the firmware, inquiring asap.