cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite 1.5 Gigabit Modem Compatibility

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

So i got upgraded from Rogers 1 GB Plan to 1.5 Plan 

Rep is saying the modem i have below is good to give 1.5 Gbps speed as i am planning to upgrade my network adapter and cables for 1.5 Gbps. Are we sure i dont need to swap the modem ?

HW Version:2.2
Vendor:Technicolor
BOOT Version:S1TC-3.49.18.14
Core Version:1.0
Model:CGM4140COM
Product Type:XB6
Flash Part:8192 MB
Download Version:Prod_21.3_d31 & Prod_21.3

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite 1.5 Gigabit Modem Compatibility

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mayoo  Comcast only rates the XB6 for speeds up to 1 Gigabit, so Rogers should upgrade your gateway to either an XB7 or XB8.  The newer gateways will allow you to connect with Wi-Fi 6 and provide a total of four Ethernet ports, including a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.

If you already have Cat 5e Ethernet cables, there is no need to upgrade those unless you have problems connecting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mayoo  Comcast only rates the XB6 for speeds up to 1 Gigabit, so Rogers should upgrade your gateway to either an XB7 or XB8.  The newer gateways will allow you to connect with Wi-Fi 6 and provide a total of four Ethernet ports, including a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.

If you already have Cat 5e Ethernet cables, there is no need to upgrade those unless you have problems connecting.

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Thanks Tech came and swapped for XB7 and right away saw Usenet speeds went up to 800mbps ! 

Does any one what FW we should be on for XB7 ? 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:7.3.1.0.65
Software Image Name:TG4482SV6_5.2p19s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:TG4482A
Packet Cable:1.5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mayoo wrote:

Does any one what FW we should be on for XB7 ? 

New gateways will automatically download the latest firmware that is available.  After that, when a new firmware build becomes available, Rogers will perform a progressive staged rollout.  If no problems are reported by the first group of customers to receive it, it will be deployed in waves to the entire customer base.  At any given time, you will be running either the latest firmware or the next-to-latest with an update that is imminent.

The feature set on these gateways has not changed in any meaningful way in years.  If you think that you are missing features and configuration options, it's not because your firmware is old.

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Looks like latest FW got pushed last night !!! 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:7.3.2.0.91
Software Image Name:TG4482SV6_5.8p11s6_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:TG4482A
Packet Cable:1.5

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Also @-G-  One more question and sorry to bother you ! 

So i have set this modem in Bridge and using my router for DHCP. Is it true that the other three ports in the modem is now useless ? with XB6 i was still able to use the second port while in Bridge mode .. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All the ports are still active while in Bridge Mode but the problem is that only one connected device will be allowed to obtain a public IP address and have Internet connectivity.  Connecting any additional devices will lead to instability.

What other device did you want to connect?  Keep in mind that while in Bridge Mode, the LAN ports are directly exposed to the Internet and not protected by a firewall.

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Thanks ! wanted to connect to an external AP where my garage door openers, garage speakers, cars are connected 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mayoo wrote:

Thanks ! wanted to connect to an external AP where my garage door openers, garage speakers, cars are connected 

If you are using your own router and have your Ignite gateway in Bridge Mode, you can't connect connect the AP to your XB7; you will need to connect it to a LAN port on your router.

You can't connect a second router to your Ignite gateway either.  Rogers only allows you to obtain two public IP addresses; one is being used by your primary router and the other is being used by the gateway itself, because it still has internal services running on it even while it is in bridge mode.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 in conversation