cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers DHCP server does not respond to renew messages

fourspoons
I've been around

So following on from my hourly disconnect problems, after a lot of packet capture and testing, I can see that the problem is that the Rogers DHCP server does not respond to any lease renew requests at all, so after an hour the lease times out and the router has to re-initiate the DHCP Discover request and hence the 10 second drop every hour.

It seems clear the Rogers DHCP server is not working in a proper manner. 1 hour DHCP leases is not normal behaviour and not responding to renew requests is definitely not acceptable.

Several other users that have been moved onto the new GPON system are reporting the same issues. How can we get help with this?

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers DHCP server does not respond to renew messages

RogersTony

Hello, @fourspoons

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how disruptive it would be to experience such frequent disconnection issues. We definitely want to investigate this for you to see what is causing this and a find a solution. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

bmcdo
I've been here awhile

RogersTony,

When you find a solution to this issue of frequent disconnects with the GPON service, could you please let us know here in the forum?  I would really like to know something about it while troubleshooting my issues. Dealing with the "customer service" and support people via telephone is next to impossible. Also some clues as to resolving the awful ping/latency issues with this service would also be very useful. Thanks. 

Hello, @bmcdo

Thank you for following up with us on this issue.

We have been advised from our support teams that this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and troubleshoot this with you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

alexbenfica
I've been around

Hi @RogersTony I am having the same issue as above.
I have the Rogers/Shaw router in bridge mode.
Then I have a Mikrotik device as a router.
It's been working for around 8 months and in the last few days the connection started to drop for 5 to 10 seconds each hour due to DHCP renew... 

It it necessary to reconfigure the rogers modem somehow? Did something changed?

Hi @alexbenfica,

Welcome!

Based on the info you've shared, it would be best if you posted your inquiry in the Shaw Internet Discussions. I am sure the members will be better able to assist you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation