cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet slow

flagman58
I'm here a lot

On July 4 I got an email about how Rogers is upgrading me to 300 mpbs internet at no cost.  Great! BUT for the last few weeks my speed rarely goes above 100 and this week I keep getting dropouts during Teams calls and speedtest shows less than 30 mpbs - so much for 300! Is this a trick to get me to upgrade to a higher speed at extra $ ?  It seems when you call support about similar issues they always try to sell you an upgrade.

***Added Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Internet slow

RogersYasmine

Hello @flagman58 ,

Receiving an email like that must have been very exciting! We certainly want you to get the most out of your internet services with us. 🙂

Are you experiencing these issues while using WiFi or via a direct Ethernet connection, or both? Are multiple devices being affected at this time?

If possible, please check out our article on Optimizing your Home WiFi to ensure that everything looks good. If the issue persists, kindly send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be more than happy to check into this further. 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

flagman58
I'm here a lot

Quick update: - I called Support and after running some remote tests it appears a number of modems in my vicinity are having the same issues, so a tech will sent out in the next 24-48 hours.  Shout out to Tino on the Ignite Support team for helping.

Hi Yasmine - it was multiple devices, so it's not a device issue.  Tech support ran some remote tests and found other modems in the vicinity also expreiencing issues so a repair tech is being sent out in 24/48 hrs.

Glad to hear that we recognized the issue and we'll be sending out a tech to investigate.

Please keep us posted with any updates!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Sunday I received a text from Rogers saying there has been a delay in fixing the issue. I have received no firther update.  Speed seemed to be aa bit quicker yesterday but not back to typical.

UPDATE: It is taking way longer than is reasonable to fix this issue.  Every few days I get an apology text message saying they are working on.it.  Two weeks to resolve this seems a bit ridiculous! Please stop sending text messages apologizing, and just get it fixed! I should get a rebate on my my monthly bill for having to accept substandard service for so long.IMG_8110.PNG

Lastest speed test using Measurement Labs - nowhere near 300 Mbpstestresults.JPG

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation