cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting for a few minutes

jazz54634
I'm here a lot

Any others having issues with their internet disconnecting for a few minutes. It has been happening to me for a few months now, randomly. It can happen multiple times per day or once a week. Lately it has been worse and the first disconnection seems to be anytime between 12-1pm. This is in Pickering. It is damaging my security cam high endurance SD cards and I am losing all recordings. This is not good and I am so fed up with it all

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting for a few minutes

jazz54634
I'm here a lot

It actually happened while posting this message. It is so frustrating

Good afternoon @jazz54634!

I can fully understand why these random disconnections would be so frustrating and I would like to help.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

radiohead96
I've been here awhile

Has it gotten any better?  I was with Shaw before the Rogers take over and it never happened.  Basically the day Rogers took over the service, I get multiple outages throughout the day.  I do not think the timing is a coincidence.  Sometimes it's for 30 seconds, and other times it's for a couple of minutes.  

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you checked the modem to see if it happens to be restarting? Have you checked the modem logs to see if the issue has a specific corresponding error? Is it only happening on WiFi or wired as well?

radiohead96
I've been here awhile

Hi there,  thanks for responding.

The model doesn't appear to be restarting, as if that happens, its a good 5 minutes before it gets connected again.  These are very short interruptions, 30 seconds maybe?  It's while using wired connection, I haven't noticed anything on wifi but there's a chance it's happening but I am missing it.  The disconnection happened 3 times yesterday and twice today.  Do you have an instruction page on how I can check the model logs?  I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation