cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite internet: multiple outages over past few days

fdskjfklasjfask
I'm here a lot

Hi,

Looking for advice on how to get the proper team to look at this (since first level tech support, during multiple calls and chat sessions over the years always simply act as a “road block”).

Modem: Technicolor CGM4981COM in bridge mode

Starting a week ago I started getting high latency spikes (over 100 ms) in the evenings. This went on for a couple of days, then stopped - I’m guessing *something* was done Rogers-side to fix it.

However, Thursday early afternoon I got my first “full outage” that lasted about 2 minutes, then recovered by itself.

Friday morning, same thing. While it was down I decided to power cycle the modem just in case (30 seconds unplugged).

Today (Saturday) it has happened *twice* so far (over a two hour period).

Every time when I look at the web interface for the modem, Status for WAN Network and Rogers Network show the defaults (0.0.0.0) for WAN IP Address.

One consistency is that every single time this happens the time it takes to recover (one to two minutes) *implies* that my modem is losing sync then regaining sync.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite internet: multiple outages over past few days

RogersCorey

Greetings @fdskjfklasjfask!

I am sorry to hear that you've been having ongoing Internet issues.

Do you notice any change to the modem light pattern when you lose connection? Does it change colours or begin blinking? If you're experiencing an outage situation, your modem's light pattern should change.

If you're not noticing any change to the modem's light pattern, then my next suggestion would be to temporarily take your modem out of bridge mode, remove your router and then test with a direct connection to the modem to rule out any possibility that it's your router dropping the connection.

Regards,

RogersCorey

fdskjfklasjfask
I'm here a lot

Wish I could remember the exact light pattern, but yes, it was going through the normal light sequence it would go through as when, say, I unplug the coax cable and plug it back in again a minute later.  Or as it does at least 3 out of 7 days every morning between 3 and 3:30 am.

At least one time it did this, when I managed to get to the modem in time, it was blinking green.

In that case @fdskjfklasjfask, I'd like to take a closer look. If the light pattern is changing, then we should investigate further to see if there are any area or localized issues present.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Actually, the funny thing is, I would almost swear that simply posting about the issue made it go away; Saturday was (fingers crossed) the last day I had any "during normal waking hours" outages.

Thanks for responding, at any rate.  😀

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation