Ignite 500u Internet Speed Degraded on Wired Connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite 500u Internet Speed Degraded on Wired Connection

Hello, RogersMoin.

Thank you for your response.

I had a really bad experience with Rogers technical support yesterday.

He/She tried to make me fool and believe that 20 Mbps is ok when I connect device with 100 Mbps Ethernet adapter.  And suggest to reboot modem (which I can do it by myself). And finally chat was disconnected. 😞

(BTW. I saved our conversion script).

Today I had better conversion with Rogers technical support and we conclude that problem with modem/router and it should be replaced during 3 business days. However I still did not receive any email/message about that decision and expected day/time. 

Regarding my network configuration and tests: Comigo streamer and laptop with Windows (with 100 Mbps Ethernet adapter) connected directly to modem show me speed around 27 Mbps. Laptop with Linux (with 1000 Mbps Ethernet adapter) connected by Netgear powerline shows speed around 44 Mbps. 

Looks weird since we know that Netgear powerline degrades network speed by some 15 - 20 %.  

What is strange that there is no enough information about Hitron modem on internet. 

Appreciate any help

yurigaga

Highlighted

Hey @yurigaga!

That's painful to read :(, I'm so sorry that you've had to endure this experience, and I assure you it's not the level of service we strive to provide. 20Mbps is by no means acceptable with a 100Mbps/Fast Ethernet connection, as you should be seeing up to 94Mbps. Technical support should be ensuring that the service is working appropriately. In regards to the issue being the modem/router, it isn't. The likelihood of this is so astonishingly rare that it's not worth the waste of time in exchanging your modem for the exact same device. 

To ensure that the service is providing the necessary speeds to the modem, are you able to connect only the laptop with the Gigabit adapter to your modem directly? (no other devices connected). Bypassing the powerline adapter will be required as we can't troubleshoot that particular device. Once connected you can use speedtest.net to complete a speed test and let us know what you see.

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello 

Highlighted

Hello @yurigaga,

Thank you for the information. For troubleshooting purposes you can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. You can read more about our PM system here.

RogersZia