cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 modems now

customer2020
I've been around

We have Ignite and now we have 2 modems; Hitron CGN3 & Arris XB6

Why? Is one a modem and the other a router?

Seems like duplication of hardware. No manuals, etc. to explain the setup.

***EDITED LABELS***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have 2 modems now

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@customer2020 wrote:

We have Ignite and now we have 2 modems; Hitron CGN3 & Arris XB6

Why? Is one a modem and the other a router?

Seems like duplication of hardware. No manuals, etc. to explain the setup.

The CNG3 and the XB6 are both all-in-one modem + WiFi router devices.  Rogers will ship you an XB6 gateway when you order Ignite Internet.  I presume that you have had the CGN3 for a few years now.  You will need to swap out your old modem and install the XB6 in its place.  You may also need to call into Rogers to activate the XB6.

For instructions on how to install the XB6, go to: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/how-to-setup-your-ignite-gateway

It isn't absolutely necessary to use the mobile app to install and configure the XB6.  In fact if you do, you will lose access to some settings in the local Web Admin UI.  To configure the XB6 using a web browser rather than the mobile app, connect your computer to the XB6 and go to: http://10.0.0.1/

hiho
I'm a regular

i have the 500 ignite package using the CNG3  what i am wondering is do i need to exchange it for the  XB6  or is this just for new cx?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The moderators can fill in the details but I believe Rogers will send you the XB6 modem and Xi6-A or Xi6-T set top boxes and any pods required for self installation.  You in turn send the CGN3 back to rogers, via courier I believe but don't quote me on that one. 

didnt back here quick enough i miss quoted the modem i have its  the Hitron CODA 4582 Modem so i am prob not eligable for the other modem that i was asking about

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation