cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Ping Spikes

zRa
I plan to stick around

Hi 

My internet for literally the past 2 months has constantly been ping spiking like no tomorrow. Every day I try to play CS GO, I can never seem to play peacefully because im always lagging out and spiking every 2 minutes and to make matters worse it spikes upto 800 MS. I've called rogers who told me to upgrade to Ignite Internet since I was on legacy Ignite which I did and the problem still persists. To make matters worse now, now my TV which is Ignite TV also buffers out and freezes at the same time.

I'm using only hard-wired connections and no wireless and Rogers Technical Support can't seem to figure it out. They constantly keep saying there is no issue when this problem has been persisting for 2 months.

Any advice?

*** Edited Labels ***

45 REPLIES 45

Re: Constant Ping Spikes

Breadwinka
I plan to stick around

If you do a speed test do you get close to your advertised speeds? I have the same issue huge latency spikes and packetloss in games. It will be ok for maybe 2 hours out of the day. and the rest its just unusable.

zRa
I plan to stick around
I did speed tests. The speed is mostly good but the ping is atrocious. It’s only usable at like 1 am or 2 am which is absolutely absurd. All day it’s so glitchy and even my TV buffers out cause of it

Hello, @zRa.

I appreciate you posting your concern; ping spikes can certainly hinder the gaming experience. 

We'd like to investigate this issue for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

zRa
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersMoin,

I've sent a DM and will await for a response. I will update everyone here if my ping issues ever get resolved.

zRa
I plan to stick around

Update to this thread. Still no update on rogers for cause of the issue or resolution.

zRa
I plan to stick around

Providing an update here. I messaged RogersTony who advised the network team was looking at it and he would provide me an update early last week. Its been over a week and Tony will not respond to my PMs. Furthermore, the internet issue has only gotten worse here and technical support are constantly always saying it all looks normal.

My ignite tv freezes all the time and im still unable to play video games with this constantly unstable connection.

zRa
I plan to stick around

Update:

After constantly begging rogers to provide an update through this forum, complaints to the office of the president, i've been provided absolutely no updates from RogersTony, RogersCorey, RogersRahul or anyone for that matter of fact after begging them for an update time and time and time again. They just come back and ask me to do more tests, promised a response by January 9th and I still have received no update.

The senior technician advised its an issue with Node congestion but can not advise how node congestion results in fluctuating SNR levels which they have advised already that they consistently see which should be directly tied to the ping fluctuations. My TV freezes as a result, my internet is unusable for gaming and even for working from home I drop out of video calls all the time cause my internet drops. 5 months of complaining and still 0 answered provided by Rogers after begging multiple multiple multiple times from them.

yunier850710
I plan to stick around

If my issue not get solved for the next week i will complain with ombudsman office. I work from home and i am really in trouble because my video meetings drops out, i can't play any online game, and the tv freezes, i will complaint to ombudsman office if i don't have this resolved soon, and i will ask for credit back too.

yunier850710
I plan to stick around

also i will go through CCTS complaint too 

you should contact the Office of the President here with your problem i have delt with them before and have had good success in getting issues resolved quickly

yunier850710
I plan to stick around

please send me the contact or link, i will be a tick until this get solved. thanks

zRa
I plan to stick around

I have the exact same problem and I work from home too. Its beyond ridiculous Rogers cant resolve this. Also their senior technician assigned to me is extremely rude and dismissive of the issue saying "couple ping spikes here and there for a 100 ping test is perfectly normal". LOL this has to be the biggest joke they've ever made.

zRa
I plan to stick around

I have 4 times and never got a response. I filed a CCTS complaint, I got a response the same day from them....

zRa
I plan to stick around

https://www.rogers.com/contact/share-a-concern/ - To file a concern with office of the president
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ - for CCTS. 

yunier850710
I plan to stick around
Thanks!

yunier850710
I plan to stick around

I complaint to the office of president, also i will send a letter to Rogers Communications, Share a concern
333 Bloor St. E and i am collecting info to complain in the CCTS too, next week i will be doing the CCTS.

zRa
I plan to stick around

I've tried complaining to office of the president and ccts. So far office of the president has told me it will take >2 months to fix and theres nothing I can do but wait according to them. This is such terrible service. Look at my new trace routes and ping results and rogers telling me theres nothing they can do in the meanwhile. This is all on ethernet......

zRa
I plan to stick around

Ping Test Jan 16.JPGTrace Rt Jan 16.JPG

zRa
I plan to stick around

Ping Test Jan 17.JPG
Ping Test Jan 17 2.JPG

Even more brutal results today and i've dropped out of 3 work calls since this morning. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Were you told why it will take greater than 2 months to fix?

Was it because they need to wait until the Spring thaw begins, before doing any major digging repairs?

Or perhaps there is a problem with the supply chain for dilithium crystals, often used to create the warp bubble needed to speed things up?

Once repairs are completed, that's usually when tech support and billing calculate financial credits, but perhaps obtaining the Prez agent's email address for future communications, might be an easier way (rather than playing phone tag), to see what can be done to lessen your current flawed service. Sometimes the agents need a little prodding to come up with creative ways to lessen the financial burden concerning a service that is still interfering with both business and pleasure situations.

These cold months are often problematic for repairs, or new installs.

You are currently stuck in a troubled Mr. Rogers neighbourhood that somebody might need to beam you out of. Energize your options, while you wait for the rescue team.🚧🚨🚒🎮📹
Topic Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 in conversation