cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic Intermittent Outages

CwoodSimcoe
I've been around

Beginning approx 2 months ago, service to the cable tv, Ignite internet and home phone have all become unstable.  Intermittent outages are consistent every day.  Sometimes it is all 3 services, sometimes it is only 1 and/or 2.  Sometimes the outages are brief (2-5 minutes) and other times significant (lasting from 30 minutes to 2 hours) and at consistent times throughout the day and night.  Technical services have been contacted multiple times with varying levels of assistance.  Three techs of varying levels of expertise have examined the problem both inside and outside the home.  Modems have been changed, wiring has been checked but without lasting results.  Neighbours whose services run from the same main box have not experienced any interruptions.  Has anyone else experienced the same problems and had results?  What was the resolution?  Literally dozens of hours of time spent on help lines, waiting for techs and going without services has become a very frustrating practice and one that cannot continue. Paying for services that are not being delivered is also an expensive and unfair situation.  There is one more tech coming and if this does not solve the problem permanently alternate services may be the only answer.   I hope this is resolved as we are long time Rogers' customers who have had good service up to this point.  

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chronic Intermittent Outages

RogersJermaine

Hello @CwoodSimcoe,

Thank you for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums! 

We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for your patience. Ongoing issues can certainly be a frustrating experience. With that many technicians out, we do hope that we were able to get this issue resolved for you with the last visit. If you are still having issues, please let us know so that we can take a deeper look into this for you. 

Regards,

RogersJermaine

lynnabiss1
I've been around
Hi, I have the same issues here.. unreliable connection sometimes drops watching TV every 2 minutes.. Rogers doesn’t have techs that are skilled enough to know what resolutions are required the fix!! Very frustrating , they sent me signal boosting pods and they seem to have made it even more unreliable, we are seriously considering switching to bell

Good morning @lynnabiss1,

If you're experiencing chronic intermittent service interruptions every 2 minutes then we'll definitely want to look into it.

By the sounds of it, our first steps were to address your WiFi signal. A weak WiFi signal can be the cause of this issue. However, if the issue persists even after we've ensured the WiFi signal is strong, we'll need to troubleshoot further.

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation