CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

@KamWest you have a number of no responses to Unicast Maintenance Ranging and No Ranging Response.  The modem requests maintenance periods from the Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) on an ongoing basis.  This ensures that the modem time sync with the CMTS is correct and that the CMTS data that is required by the modem to operate correctly is in fact received by the modem.  If the modem doesn’t see a response to the maintenance period request, it logs that receive failure and carries on, only to request the maintenance period once again, very shortly down the road, so to speak.  So the fact that there are a number of these could either indicate that the CMTS is busy or that there is an issue with packet loss.  Its unfortunate that this is logged as a critical event, when in fact the modem simply carries on, requesting another maintenance period very shortly thereafter. 

The other events are the MDD IP Mode Overide (MIMO) and Lost MAC Domain Descriptor (MDD) event, which can be more problematic although their only marked as warnings.  For the MDD, the CMTS broadcasts channel data to the modem so that the modem knows exactly what channels are used to carry network operational data.  As in, for the modem to operate correctly, go to this channel to receive the data required to operate a network between the CMTS and modem, in a nutshell.  In this case, the modem has missed the MDD message and flags the occurrence.  I’ll refer you to the following web page for the MDD description. 

https://volpefirm.com/top-10-docsis-terms/

For the MIMO event, I’ll refer you to the following page:

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-does-the-mimo-event-mimo-log-message-mean-393

Basically, this comes up when there is a difference between what is contained in boot file versus what is contained in the MDD message.  Again, its only a warning.

So, there’s only one MDD timeout and two MIMO events spaced out over several hours, so, there nothing to really be concerned about.  If these were occurring continually over a short period of time, then its worth looking at. 

Don’t read too much into the events log.  You can drive yourself to distraction trying to figure it out and determine if there’s a problem.  In your case, I wouldn’t be too concerned over the contents of the event log.

The important data, personally speaking is the signal table and the ping test.  Is the modem operating within its specified signal parameters and even if it is, is there any packet loss which would be caused by external cable and connector issues, even if the signal levels look ok.  So, that’s why I’d like to see the signal levels and a ping test to see what if anything turns up.

So, you're having problems accessing 192.168.100.1 which would normally be an issue with the follow on router or due to some strange incompatibility with the router.  Some users with follow-on routers have to define a route to the 192.168.100.1 address from the LAN side of the router.  That is not a modem issue.

Are you seeing any other issue besides this and the disconnects?   For the disconnects, I'd like to see the result of a one hour ping test to the Rogers DNS, which should indicate what you're seeing in terms of packet loss and disconnects which would result from them. 

Please post the signal level table again.  Ignore the modem data that sits above that table as its specific to the modem.   

Edit:  *** the ping test should be done via ethernet, not wifi ***