cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

iPhoneFan
I plan to stick around

Been running the device in bridge mode for quite some time now and was able to access it just fine at the 192.168.100.1 address to check logs.  LAN is 192.168.1.0/24.  Running pfSense and no changes have been made in months but all of a sudden a few weeks ago, I can no longer access the CODA.  

If I run a persistent ping, it will succeed every 50th time or so.  Also every now and then, I am able to get to the login screen for the CODA but no further.  So it has SOME access, but not enough to login completely.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

***Added Labels***

76 REPLIES 76

Re: CODA 4582U in bridge mode - can't access at 192.168.100.1

Any updates?

btw, how do you know that CVE is related to the internet instability issues?

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

I don't think the CVE is related but its pretty bad if the modem actually has a CVE from 2013 as it shows the lack of care and testing behind this modem firmware

Dougal_McGuire
I've been here awhile

Signed up to report identical issue:

Modem interface stops responding after a while.  When that happens pings tend to fail:

--- 192.168.100.1 ping statistics ---
50 packets transmitted, 1 received, 98% packet loss, time 49642ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 3.425/3.425/3.425/0.000 ms

A modem reboot solves the issue for an hour or six, then we're back to timeouts and lost pings.

Troubleshooting so far:

-Tech support sent 'a new signal' from their end?

-Factory reset of modem

-Exchange modem

We're also suffering from daily disconnects, which is why we want to log into the modem.

Hello, @Dougal_McGuire

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to be able to have consistent access the modem admin settings to manage your wireless network.

We have been advised that this issue has been escalated to our vendor to review and work on a fix. They have not provided us with an ETR at this time.

Thanks so much for joining our community and posting your concern.

RogersTony

I ran into this same issue today. Rogers' internet has become so unstable lately that access to GUI is needed on a daily basis to see what's going on. I am gonna switch back to router mode and observe what happens.

augmentium
I plan to stick around

@RogersTony

Do you have an update on this?  I was able to access my bridged modem earlier in the week, but now can't.  Frequent disconnections are why I'm trying to access it.

Eli_Sand
I plan to stick around

@RogersTony 

Thanks for raising this for us Tony. Hoping you can get some sort of an update for all of us; coming up on 4 months since you mention it was raised with the vendor.

ipkpjersi
I plan to stick around

So this is a known issue, and it's also been broken for several months? I'm no longer able to access the admin page via 192.168.100.1 for my CODA 4582U in bridged mode. I'd really like to see this issue get fixed, it's pretty important to be able to access it.

I have rebooted my modem and 192.168.100.1 is now working as expected in bridged mode. The interesting thing is, 192.168.100.1 would only respond to like 1 out of every 50 pings - I checked after a few minutes and I had 98% packet loss. That was really weird.

I think whatever vendor issue there was has been resolved.

Eli_Sand
I plan to stick around

Give it a while, it'll stop responding. Unless you did in fact get pushed a new firmware, I'm not seeing my router fixed. In fact, lately, I've had to power cycle it much more frequently. It works for a while after the power cycle, but then the web gui is unresponsive as usual.

ipkpjersi
I plan to stick around

Yep you're right, it does require power cycles for the admin page to work. I thought the issue was that it was completely inaccessible no matter what.

If it were completely inaccessible no matter what, this would be a really high priority issue IMO but since a power cycle fixes it, it's not as big of a deal.

Still annoying though, would love to see this fixed.

mascf1
I'm a reliable contributor

After Rogers support pushed out a software update to my modem its login page no longer loads, and after a reboot (that doesn't resolve the customer login page issue) the modem stops responding to ping after it's been up for about 10 minutes.

Rogers support and the techs they send to your home have been completely useless in resolving this issue, the modem has been replaced several times and has not resolved the issue.  I currently have a monitoring thicket open for the past 5 days and they still haven't done anything!

Greetings @mascf1!

My name is Corey and I'm here to offer some support with regards to your unresponsive firmware access.

Would you mind just sharing with us the model of your modem so that we know which hardware we're working with? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

mascf1

The modem is a Hitron CODA-4582.  No idea what the software version when the admin page doesn't  load anymore even after a reboot.

mascf1

I was briefly able to get access to the admin console on the modem.  Support pushed out software 7.1.1.37 to my modem.  I believe this is the latest version available which clearly doesn't address the bridge mode login issue.  These modems were much more stable under earlier software versions.

ipkpjersi
I plan to stick around

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised how much the software quality has dropped. Like I don't necessarily expect a ton from my modem, but being able to log in is pretty important and it would be nice if logging in was fully reliable, as it should be.

Eli_Sand
I plan to stick around
Can we have Rogers just full-out admit that this is a firmware issue, rather than circling around and around with techs trying to diagnose the issue? Replacing the modems does nothing because it's not just a few of us with the problem (unless we're on defective *hardware* which would only get resolved with a different modem build revision). Power cycling is the only fix which only lasts for minutes at best and seems to be related to how much data your modem sees on the WAN port; more traffic, quicker the GUI goes down and pings don't respond.
This thread started 2 yeas ago, and for those of us aware of it, we've likely had it for longer than just that. If you can just admit to it being firmware, that's the first step in knowing your next step - having the hardware manufacturer address the firmware issue.

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

I believe Rogers is on the bath to get rid of Hitron, we switched to Ignite and the modem's are much higher quality, I have never had problems accessing the Web GUI on my XB7 but I had constant issues with the Hitron Web GUI

@stepy2015 fwiw I'm running a 4582 with firmware version 7.1.1.37, in Bridge mode.  My current LAN Up Time is 042 days 06h:29m:42s    I'm still at a loss to explain why some customers have problems logging into the 4582 when its in Bridge mode.  

ipkpjersi
I plan to stick around

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have massive 98% packet loss when I'm unable to view the admin page:

tyvm
I plan to stick around

Had my modem swapped yesterday and can no longer ping, updated firmware on router rebooted both (modem first) no change.

If someone could tell me how to get that working I'd appreciate it.

TIA

*** Edited Labels ***

mascf1

It’s a firmware issue, there is no fix.  I gave up and switched to Ignite, no issue with the Ignite modem in Bridge mode.

Topic Stats