CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

So... any updates regarding this issue? I just set up the guest network and had the same issue.

Highlighted

Hello, @skynie09.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

I appreciate your query. At this time, we don't have any new information to share; the fix is still under testing. In the meantime, we have found that you can usually connect to the Guest network if you try a second time after the error message is displayed. Just be sure not to close the window.

Thank you for your patience. We will appraise the Community as the fix becomes available. 

Cheers,
The CommunityHelps Team,
RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Your network is not secure?
You can access the guest account, by logging into your router.
Problem is, once you login it is unsecured.
Anyone thought to disable the option? Or aren't your customers worth an update, to an already blatant security risk?
I had to enter a password, but it turns out my neighbor has had access to my internet for a couple weeks. No password needed. Not very happy you left this open. What the heck guys. Kind of questioned it, but thought " NO WAY Rogers would leave something insecure.
Wow.
SMH

Hey @TrueNorth7

That's terrible! I completely understand you're concern. I would definitely recommend disabling the Guest Network until further notice. As indicated above we can keep the community apprised when a resolution to this issue has been implemented. I believe that by default the modem's guest network is disabled but let us know you need assistance disabling it.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Is there an update to this yet?  I currently have the CODA 4582 in bridge mode to get a reliable guest network and enhanced parental controls.  I would really like to "clean up" the space where these devices sit, so getting rid of the separate router would be desirable.

Is the firmware update mentioned in these posts available yet?

Hello, @Irakandjii

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums, and congratulations on your first post! 😃

I can completely understand the desire to have less equipment in your home as it can become an eyesore. Regrettably, we do not have any additional updates at this time. Once one is available we will update the Community.

Thanks for your post!

RogersTony