CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

I enabled the guest WiFi network on this Hitron CODA-4582 modem/router but the password security option doesn't seem to work. The guest network is always unsecured. It's that expected behaviour? My guess is no, because this page seems to suggest the guest password should work:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/guestwifi-coda

The password security works fine for the main WiFi network from the modem, but just not with the guest network. Thus, I have since turned off the guest network.

*Added Labels*

Re: CODA 4582 - Guest WiFi Network Security

Hello, @EugW1.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community.

When you select the guest network to connect, are you not getting prompted to enter the password? When you launch the browser, you shall be prompted to enter the password. 

You can enable the guest network, try it again and keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. On some of my Apple devices, if I connect to the guest network (with the password set in the configuration settings), I can sometimes connect to Google without entering a password.  Or else I can't connect to anything and the password prompt page doesn't launch.

Usually with other commercial guest networks, when I choose the network, either the password prompt page launches right in the device settings menu (on iOS devices), or else it waits until I try to navigate to a page before it pops up the password prompt page (iOS or Mac).

With the Hitron, neither happened when I tried. I'll test a bit more later, but I'm thinking it must be a compatibility issue with Apple devices.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey just wanted to add, I have this same issue as well. I set a password for my Guest Wifi and my work laptop think it's an unsecured network and won't let me connect. It's not a huge issue for me since I can use the regular 5G wifi with WPA2 but just thought I'd mention this here and that you're not alone.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I am new to the Rogers CODA 4582 Wifi Router. I have the same issue with the Guest Wifi network. 

When I get into the Guest Wifi network, I cannot access Internet. Even when I managed to put in the security password, it still would not.

Can anybody help me to set up the Guest Wifi properly? Thank you.

James.  

Hey @egolf88,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for posting! 🙂

There is a DHCP bug with the Guest Network that we have passed along to engineering to investigate further. It may be related to that, however, have you tried to factory reset your Gateway and try the Guest Network again?

Please let us know how you make out!
RogersTim

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Rogers Tim,

Thank you for your response.

I think my Guest network is related to the DHCP problem you reported.

I can connect to the GUEST network without any opportunity to put in the password. 

Once I got in, I do not have Internet access. 

When I tried to get internet, a screen will come-up:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Connect to WiFi

The Wifi you are using ( GUEST ) may require you to visit its login page.

When I tried it, the following page will appear:

Password 

[                    ]

Language

[ English ]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I put in the correct password, the following message will flash for about 10 seconds:

Only allow DHCP client to use this wireless.

The above message will be up for about 10 seconds and then disappear. 

Please help. I think this is related to the DHCP problem.

Thank you.

James. 

Hey @egolf88,

The fix for this requires a Firmware update. It will be part of the next release candidate along with other some other bug fixes. Unfortunately, we don't have a release date or timeframe to provide at this time.

We will update the Community once the new Firmware is available.

Thank you for your patience,

RogersTim

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. Rogers Tim.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue. End result - guest Wifi does not work, I had to switch it off.