cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new email to my account... help!

DanaKorba1
I've been around

I am trying to add a new email to my account and every single possible password configuration I try says invalid account . I am about to scream! Please help and before anyone suggests...I realize you must have a capital letter, lower case, and two special icons one being a number or symbol as well as it being a minimum of 7 characters!!\Thanks  in advance

***EDITED LABELS***

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Adding a new email to my account... help!

Sherryd
I've been here awhile
This is still an ongoing problem with Rogers. I have spent hours trying to set up a secondary email account including numerous phone calls to Rogers customer service. They still cant get this resolved after speaking to 3 different customer service reps!

Michael_E
I've been here awhile

I just had some success in the past couple of days, though not with any assistance from Rogers.  I thought I would try doing this set-up on another computer, and strangely enough, it worked.  I have both a Mac and PC, and used the Mac for this last-ditch attempt.  I also closed Outlook and Mail on both machines to ensure I would have no potential conflicts if those programs were preventing the set-up.  Not a perfectly reasoned solution, but it did the trick. Interestingly, the fact that I could do this on a Mac surprised me, since I have had no success getting Outlook for Mac to work with Rogers (and their technicians confirmed that).  I hope this works for you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are many things, such as browser extensions, etc, that can cause such issues.  Switching computers may have eliminated the problem.  Here's a post on that topic listing the most commons reasons...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

Sherryd
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the tip but unfortunately I cannot add a secondary account on my husband’s MacBook Air either. I cannot get anywhere with Rogers other than they keep giving me a new case #. I’m at my wits end lol

megaman37
I've been around

I had the same problem.. no matter what user/password I tried didn't work.

Eventually I tried from another computer (a mac, I don't think that matters) and it worked just fine.

I think it was something in the cache or add blocking extensions (although I did clear the cache and disable ad blocking).

Hope it worked for you eventually

hacleaveley
I've been here awhile

Tried Edge and Chrome.  I disabled my ad blocker and still getting invalid account.

For what I pay per month I should not have to sit on hold for hours to get this fixed.

2022 and still not fixed.

Hello, @hacleaveley.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to our Community!

Getting an invalid account error while adding a secondary email account typically means some web component is getting blocked. I appreciate you disabling the ad-blocker and trying different browsers.

I tried replicating, and could successfully add a secondary email account from my end using the Chrome browser.

We can work with you to add an email account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

hacleaveley
I've been here awhile

After doing everything previously mentioned I was finally able to get the second email account set up.

yu248679
I've been here awhile

It's 2023 and this is still an issue today!!!

A

Hello, @yu248679.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to our Community!

Adding a secondary account is a straightforward process, provided the browser is not blocking any pop-ups or other components. I just tested and could add a secondary account. 

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned on Page 3 of this thread?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

It is now 2023 and the exact same problem still persists. This is unacceptable.

Wirelezz
I've been here awhile

Now FEB 2023 still not fixed !!!!! since 2018 . what a disaster to get an email. this is absolutely junk!!! yahoo sucks

Topic Stats